Need advice..Bad...

OB_speeddemon

Registered
Ok...i know this subject has been brought up about a million times now..but..i need advice on exactly how should break this machine in from the experts on the bike (that would be you guys)...follow the the manual to the letter? or do that and get on it a little bit?

I heard it all before for both sides..do it by the book or you'll be sorry..or "drive it like a slug and it'll be a slug"..i know that stomping the unholy hell out of it in its young state won't do it any good..and i know to avoid luggin or loading the engine...thing is what do you suggest?..obey the book EXACTLY..or go past the rpm setting it states a bit...and by how so?..roll it on moderatly or just wack the thruster?..my 'busa only has about 302miles on it (friggin rain is holdin up progress)..that..and i often heard about heat tolerances..whereas you ride the machine for 20 minutes then shut it off..let it cool down..repeat..yea it sounds crazy to me too..never did it to my previous bikes..and they were fine...but what are your thoughts on it?

I'll hopefully get it broke in if weather cooperates this sunday for the Blessing of The bikes In Baldwin,MI (any Mich busa riders on hear going also?)...anyways any advice would be helpful..i want the absolute best out of this bike...thanx in advance..

speed

I broke my 99 Busa in hard and it's dead now. I broke my 2000 in by the book and by no means have I experienced any lack in performance. I am more inclined to go by the book as far break in is concerned. The time will go quickly. You'll be able to open it up in no time. Have fun, but be careful.

I broke my 99 Busa in hard and it's dead now. I broke my 2000 in by the book and by no means have I experienced any lack in performance. I am more inclined to go by the book as far break in is concerned. The time will go quickly. You'll be able to open it up in no time. Have fun, but be careful.

Gotta agree with JohnnyCheese and Ragarufnek. I broke in my '87 FZR 750 hard and had problems as early as 1000 miles.

I broke in my '95 RF900R and my '00 'Busa by the book. The RF got traded in for the 'Busa with over 14000 miles and never a problem. I am sure the same will hold true for the 'Busa.

Go by the book, you will not regret it and you'll reach the break-in mileage quickly anyway.

Definitely by the book. Has sounds great for the 4600 miles on it so far, and nary a hitch (knock on wood).

Now, if the battery had lasted a little longer . . . :)

Significantly harder than the book. Runs excellent still @ 12,000 miles. Better than excellent actually.

I never ran full throttle until full break in mileage, but always let it wind higher than the 5,000 and 8,000 rpm breaks in the book.

Back