My key/ignition switch is getting finicky

with the 09 switch to a RETINA SCANNER, this will not be a problem on future models

(Burger King @ Jun. 14 2007,20:56) I've had the same problem when it rains. Get a tube of graphite and put some in the lock and use your key to work it into the tumblers.
+1, that's what we had to do with the 600 and getting rain on it was the problem.

(FAVahalik @ Jun. 14 2007,18:19) I have a 2005 Busa.  Lately, I'll park and lock the bike down.  When I get back on, the key will turn out of lock, but balks at going into ignition.  I can push down, turn back and forth, and it may take me six trys to get it to move into the start position.

Then sometimes it is smooth as silk.  I'm worried that one day I will be somewhere far from where I want to be, and the damn key will not move into start, and I will be stuck.

You guys have any comments?
about a year ago i ran down to the corner store and bam same thing i like to never got it to turn ( i was starting to get really po + the embarsassment of ppl walking in and out of the store one guy even said you should have gotten a honda lol to wich i said the busa has a mind of its own and always desides to smoke a honda any chance it gets lol to wich he says back if it will turn on and my reply go get your honda it will be on by the time you get back he says ok ill be back in a few so he leaves about a minute later it finally turned (thank god ) i waited about 15 minutes smack talker never showed up anyway got home wd_40 never had prob since . i think the busa just wanted a piece of that honda and was playin possum lol

Back