~~~My Grandfather~~~

Very sorry to hear about your Grandfather, Michelle. Your grandfather, you and your familey are in my thoughts.
Jim

Michelle, my prayer is that God's will be done and that peace be granted to you and your family. Most importantly I pray for your Grandfather's salvation. I think about my friend who passed recently, when I saw him intubated with the ventilator doing all his breathing and I wanted to ask God, is it healing you're going to grant or peace? Well it turned out to be peace, because he didn't return to the world as we know it. So it helped to shine a little light on the situation as I see people die everyday at the hospital and sometimes I have to witness family members grieving deeply. My concern is what is the individual's relationship with the Father, because ultimately that's what's important...ETERNITY. God bless you and yours and again I pray for joy & peace in this trying time.

BD

Everyday Michelle, I'll be praying for your Grandfather and your entire family ... keep the faith lady!

That is a very well written testiment to your grandfather. Sounds like a great guy. By the way that you describe him, I'd guess that he is prepared for and comfortable with whatever comes next.

Best wishes and prayers for the family.

..M, prayers sent also this side of the Atlantic.. ..so we've got it covered pretty good, I think..

A full life he has lived, and 3 generations after him to see and feel that he will be living forever in their hearts..

..and all of you guys and gals, please remember: "death is certain - life is not"..

My best thoughts and sympathies go out to you VA.
sad.gif
I can really understand how you feel. My Mommaw (grandma on mom's side) is going also. The doctor is about 99% certain that she has either stomach or an intestinal cancer. She's had debilitating diarhea for about 2 months now, and is down to about 75 lbs. She's only 5' tall... but still, there's not much left of her. She refuses to be operated on, and the doctor concurs. She's 82, and in her present state of health, anything they do is likely to cause more harm than good. She's too frail to be operated on or to undergo chemotherapy. And she simply doesn't want to fight it. She told us "I've already lived longer than I ever thought I would, so if this is what god want's I'm not gonna argue".

We're hoping she will be here for Christmas. My sister will be flying out with her children, so there would be 4 generations here over the holidays. We hope she'll make it that long, although none of us will be surprised if she doesn't. It's hard though - she's been such a big part of my life that I know I'll miss her terribly. She's had a very good and very full life. She's done a lot in her time, and has had a very loving family. She's the last of her siblings left, and she outlived them by about 15 years. She's a real firebrand of a little old irish lady, and she taught me my first dirty joke. I'm going to miss her a lot, and I know my grandfather will miss her too.

I can sympathize a lot. If you want, give me a call, and we can grieve together...

Wow guys...
smile.gif
Thanks so much for all of the kind words...it really means a lot to me...

Mrs. R...I'm truly sorry for what your grandmother & family are going through right now. I hope she's well enough and comfortable enough to make it to Christmas. That would mean so much to everyone, give her comfort in being surrounded by those she loves...I don't know how you feel, but this is all so hard, yet I know every single person goes through it and one point or another...just hard to let go, hard to say goodbye to someone you love so much...and I think it's hard to see them suffer in any way. I hope your Grandma's not in pain and she is able to live out her days in peace...

We had plans to visit family from AK that are going to CT for Thanksgiving, but with my grandfather and my step-father (stage 4 colon cancer), we opted to stay home and close to them for the holidays. Now, I'm hoping for the same as you...that my grandfather makes it to Christmas...and I believe for Thanksgiving the entire family has plans to be together for the first time in years, so I'm hoping Pop-Pop can be home by then...

Got a bit of good news late last night...the doctors took him off of the respirator for 90 minutes, and he was breathing on his own. In my father's words, Pop-Pop is 'cantankerous', which is good news to me! That means he's pissed he's in the hospital and he wants to go home...so, he's his old self!
smile.gif
They put him back on the respirator after the 90 minute test to run more tests on him, but I'm hoping he'll be off of it for good in the coming days...we'll worry about the other factors in his health after that...

Mrs. R...I'm sending you a PM...

smile.gif

sad.gif
My prayers are going out for Pop Pop and Mommaw , you lil ladies hang in there.

Michelle - prayers sent out....

"Lord watch over Pop Pop, Michelle and her family. Help them in there time of need. Give them the strenght and guide them in this journey." --me

Thanks again everyone...
Good news last night from the hospital...he's off the respirator and talking...
smile.gif
No news on how they'll handle the aneurysm, if they can do anything at all, but at least he's no longer on life support...that's what he wants and we wanted it for him...a breathed a huge sigh of relief.

Thanks again everyone...
Good news last night from the hospital...he's off the respirator and talking...
smile.gif
 No news on how they'll handle the aneurysm, if they can do anything at all, but at least he's no longer on life support...that's what he wants and we wanted it for him...a breathed a huge sigh of relief.
Yes ... that is good news ... God does listen to our prayers!

He will be in my prayers and so will your entire family.

<!--EDIT|mctrull
Reason for Edit: None given...|1100791065 -->

Back