My buddies new upgrades

GIXERHP

ok, ok...just a wee bit Irish...
Donating Member
Registered
Started my buddies Mike's Gsxr 1000 upgrades today.
Just a couple of thing here to drool over, first is Ohlins RT forks with superbike internals. Ohlins rear shock, Gilles adjusters, and sprocket nut, Bembro radial calipers, Gilles clip ons, Gilles tripletree, and Brembo master cylinder.
Man this is ging to be sweet! This bike all ready rock away, with the motor work thats done! He all ready has Marvic wheels!
Oh i forgot new hids!

Pics here you go!

Mikes_upgrades_001.jpg

Pic 5
Ballasts mounted in the nose, this bike is a lot harder to mount these thats for sure!

Mikes_upgrades_008.jpg

We got a good jump on this today, however we dont have the triple claps yet, we got the rear end done. We should see the clamps this week some time!

(GIXERHP @ Sep. 15 2007,20:21) Started my buddies Mike's Gsxr 1000 upgrades today.
Just a couple of thing here to drool over, first is Ohlins RT forks with superbike internals. Ohlins rear shock, Gilles adjusters, and sprocket nut, Bembro radial calipers, Gilles clip ons, Gilles tripletree, and Brembo master cylinder.
Man this is ging to be sweet! This bike all ready rock away, with the motor work thats done! He all ready has Marvic wheels!
Oh i forgot new hids!

Pics here you go!
you forgot the CRG GP clutch perch with folding lever, Lightech frame sliders, and a few other things im sure im forgetting
all_coholic.gif

also forgot to mention the Brembro race rotors already on there too
tounge.gif

P9150045.JPG

Man, I wish I knew how to do my own work !! That Gixxer is NICE !! Like they're not sick enough off the show room floor, and then you go and add all that, WOW !!

I just drooled on my Keyboard. This actually brings up a great point though. Your dumping a bunch of coin into a bike that is a few years old and by most accounts it should be more than capable of running with the latest generation of Superbikes. I would love to do that to my Busa! Wouldn't take much to equal the gains that Suzuki finally threw at the 08 Busa. So you wind up with a bike that is a few years older and incrementally cheaper to insure than a new bike with far superior stoppers and suspension. All for about the same price as a new one. Can't wait to see the finished product.

(bigoltool @ Sep. 16 2007,17:42) I just drooled on my Keyboard. This actually brings up a great point though. Your dumping a bunch of coin into a bike that is a few years old and by most accounts it should be more than capable of running with the latest generation of Superbikes. I would love to do that to my Busa! Wouldn't take much to equal the gains that Suzuki finally threw at the 08 Busa. So you wind up with a bike that is a few years older and incrementally cheaper to insure than a new bike with far superior stoppers and suspension. All for about the same price as a new one. Can't wait to see the finished product.
yeah my insurance is $14 a month
all_coholic.gif

and as far as for the same price of a new sportbike yeah maybe a MV Agusta 1000
ices_rofl.gif

theres close to $30000 in my bike
wink.gif

(bigoltool @ Sep. 16 2007,17:42) I just drooled on my Keyboard. This actually brings up a great point though. Your dumping a bunch of coin into a bike that is a few years old and by most accounts it should be more than capable of running with the latest generation of Superbikes. I would love to do that to my Busa! Wouldn't take much to equal the gains that Suzuki finally threw at the 08 Busa. So you wind up with a bike that is a few years older and incrementally cheaper to insure than a new bike with far superior stoppers and suspension. All for about the same price as a new one. Can't wait to see the finished product.
Unfortunately if you get bored with the project after a few thousand miles you end up selling it at a huge loss. The only way I would dump the big bucks into a ride was if I was gonna race it, or keep it for a very long time and stack the miles up. Just my .02  
wink.gif

BTW sweeet ride!
super.gif
Hang onto it
cool.gif

(The Big Red One @ Sep. 17 2007,00:32)
Unfortunately if you get bored with the project after a few thousand miles you end up selling it at a huge loss. The only way I would dump the big bucks into a ride was if I was gonna race it, or keep it for a very long time and stack the miles up. Just my .02  
wink.gif

BTW sweeet ride!  
super.gif
 Hang onto it  
cool.gif
Nice offer but i dont think thats going to hapen soon! LOL

Back