My baby dropped herself in the driveway...

Unfortunately an expensive lesson most have learned or will learn. Mine hasn't fallen, close. I did crack a front fender and bend a rotor by leaving a disc lock on once...:whistle:

Shiet feeling none the less...

Good advice from all of you thank you.

I fully agree about learning her at slow speeds. I cruise in 6th gear in town and my two buddy's (gsxr1000 and cbr900rr) are in 2nd or 3rd. Speed limit all the way.

The only reason I rolled on the throttle a bit was to see how she feels at high speeds. It did take me some time to get up there but I backed out. Not again. I guarantee that. I could see the whole stirp of road left etc but yes, I shouldn't be worried about that now.

If there is ever a meet in Denver I would like to meet some members on here and pick they're brains. I think after about three thousand miles I'm going to start to look into the advanced rider course. I think it's the Lee Parks one or something. One of the things I need to work on now is going slowly around a turn at a robot or stop light and not let her jerk when you give some gas to go around the turn. I used the clutch but need to hone my skills.

I'm glad I joined the org before I got my bike, because I wouldn't have know about the dreaded rolling off the kickstand thing.

I haven't done the kickstand mod, but do all the rest as above plus lock the bike, so the wheel is not straight.

When I get off the bike, I put the kickstand down, and give it a little extra kick with my boot to make sure it's fully engaged.

I have been a member here for quite a while , and I have heard soooo many kick stand stories it makes me want to go down to my garage and kiss my factory center stand.
My bike already had it installed before I got it , it helps tuck the bike closer to the wall for storage in my small garage.
It is a godsend for regular chain maintenance , and if I feel the least bit skeptical about the angle I am parked at ... I plop down the center stand.
It is so secure on the factory center stand it would take 100+ MPH winds to knock it over.
I don't really know if I ever would have bought one and installed it , but having had my 'Busa a few years it is an option I really enjoy. :thumbsup:

On my Gsxr 1000, I was at a bike wash. Went to put the kickstand down and my pant leg got caught on the foot peg. So we both tipped over. :laugh: Worst part my buddy was sitting on a metal chair right behind me and watched the whole thing. I couldnt even play it off lol.

I am thinking of putting a center stand on her. Well not me but have someone do it for me. Any ideas on price etc? My buddy helped me lube the chain and he had a racing stand. but center one might help if the angle of the ground is iffy :banghead:

but center one might help if the angle of the ground is iffy :banghead:

A bike up on a center stand while parked ON A SLOPE is NOT guaranteed to stay put.

But from personal experience, a BIKE IN GEAR, while parked on its sidestand, will stay put even if UPHILL OR DOWNHILL . I have seen bikes parked in insane slopes but personally, I will not park downhill if the grade is >45degrees.

So the compression of the engine is enough to keep her from rolling? I'm so anal about parking now I kick the stand three or four times to make sure it's out all the way. And push her forward before letting her down. Why oh why did I have to learn the hard way dammit!! :banghead:

Back