My azz is sore...need a gel seat..or something

theshnizzle

Rainbow of Skittles
Registered
Am I the only one who thinks the Gen 2 seat is a plank? I have even gone so far as to bolt on the stock seat from my Gen 1 on. And now I am cutting parts off my yoga mat and taping them onto the seat before I ride.

That seat is KILLING me. Why is my stock gen 1 seat so darn comfortable and this one so horrid? Anybody have ANY kind of seat for sale let me know.

A sheepie cover......ANYTHING OTHER THAN STOCK!!

( But at least when I get all bent out of shape on a ride I can stop, do some quick yoga, then off again!!)

Am I the only one who thinks the Gen 2 seat is a plank? I have even gone so far as to bolt on the stock seat from my Gen 1 on. And now I am cutting parts off my yoga mat and taping them onto the seat before I ride.

That seat is KILLING me. Why is my stock gen 1 seat so darn comfortable and this one so horrid? Anybody have ANY kind of seat for sale let me know.

( But at least when I get all bent out of shape on a ride I can stop, do some quick yoga, then off again!!)

If I was an Australian I would call you "A big SHEILA!" :laugh:

I went for my first longer ride(4hr) on my new 99(new to me) and the seat was awful. I'm not sure if it's the seat it's self or the fact to reach the bars i'm forced to get very friendly with the gas tank. If you find a decent seat please post it.
Thanks, John:argue:1

They claimed to have lowered the seat/subframe. Probably just cut the foam down on the seat. It is nice for aggressive riding. But after 100 miles id rather sit on the tank itself.

I had the same sort of an issue with the stock Busa seat on my 08. After 50 miles had the monkey butt. I wound up with an aftermarket seat (Corbin). It's much better. I was worried at first, but with about 1500 miles seat-time, it's 'softened' up or 'conformed' nicely. My back will give out now before my aZZ will. (It's hell getting old...)

You could try this www.paddedbikeshorts.com cheaper than a new seat

Back