My 2008 project bike is finally done

Here is a post I made last weekend after riding it quite a bit. Hopefully this will answer the questions about how does it ride etc

I just spent the day riding it and sweet chocolate jesus is this thing great. I always find something to like about any bike I have at the time but really this one may be the best yet. Not because of motor because this one is mostly stock. It has a PC-USB on it and then Brocks Streeg Meg exhaust and that is it. But that is around 182-185 on pump gas I think and that is plenty.

What makes this one special to me is three major things. The Dymag wheels and Michelin tires are very good. Not tippey or unstable and they seem to heat up fast. Today is mid 75 degrees I think and with 36-34 I came in from the ride and the tires are nicely warmed for sure. Plus they save some serious weight. Between the wheels and the brock exhaust chalk up almost 50lbs GONE. Then the Worldwide ceramic bearings make it feel another 20 lbs lghter pushing it around the garage.

Then the handling. The full Ohlins setup from Brock Performance is unfucking real. This is my first time with a Ohlins bike and though they are not cheap they handle like its on rails. The forks exhibit less dive on hard braking yet them seem smoother over bumps.

Bumpy corners, rough pavement etc nothing upsets it. Just crank the throttle to the speed you want and the Busa goes around it. The whole package honestly feels like it weight 100lbs less. When stock I thought it was a fat pig and was doubting my purchase. Not now though. this thing rocks.

Then the galfer wave rotors, pads and lines really help a lot too. I love this bike and think I will actually keep it a while, no really this time. I mean it. I may ven get a Labusas decal for it. Who has those anyway? That would look cool in the magazine article for the bike huh? do I need permission for that?

Thats it for now. Did I mentioned I liked the bike now? Nevermind

The truth is that the first modification of a bike has to be not the exhaust, but the absorbers..front and rear.

When i get the new bike, i think that i will follow the friend who has this excellent bike and i will buy my ohlins..i will leave the exhausts for later.

Thank you very much for your response

hayabusa1.org.jpg

Back