Muzzy Full System power output?

Shibumi

Donating Member
Registered
I'm going from bolt-ons to a Muzzy full system this week, and was wondering what kind of HP numbers folks have gotten out of them on an otherwise stock bike? Mods in sig.....

How about small air box, short velocity stacks? Everyone says you lose low-end torque, but how much? And below what RPM?

I mean, if you lose single-digit torque below 3-4000 RPM, who cares?
rock.gif

If you want torque, just twist the friggin throttle more!!
smile.gif

I can't recall spending much time below 3000 RPM personally...

With a BMC filter, full Muzzy. and PC (custom map) I gained right at 10hp from a baseline (stock) to after the install.

Now, my dyno runs were on two different dynos, so its hard to compare direct numbers. But the difference was VERY noticeable in the butt dyno... LOL

(Truckracer @ Sep. 17 2007,21:49) With a BMC filter, full Muzzy. and PC (custom map) I gained right at 10hp from a baseline (stock) to after the install.

Now, my dyno runs were on two different dynos, so its hard to compare direct numbers. But the difference was VERY noticeable in the butt dyno... LOL
Nice!
super.gif

THAT I would enjoy...
smile.gif

Shibumi, Full Muz, pair removal, PC III, K&N....NO airbox mod....I got 13 HP and 9 lbs. of torque. I ride with Ducs, GIXR 1000's, Kaw ZX 10's, etc. and NEVER have I wished I had more power! The other day, on a ride, me and a ZX 10 rolled it on together (when passing a car before a really long straight) in 3rd gear and half way through 4th, I clearly started inching ahead, when way into 5th, I seriously pulled him(5-6 lengths) then we shut down. His bike has a PC and pipe. I always wondered how they would compare so I was really happy! Anyways you'll love the Muzzy. Congrats. Raydog

This is a full Muzzy with airbox mod and K&N - sorry no before run. 163.57 hp without N20

Very happy with my Muzzy - but my tuner said he sees at least 5 more HP on a busa with the same mods and a Brock Hindle system.

dynorun11.jpg

(johnnycrash @ Sep. 18 2007,08:55) This is a full Muzzy with airbox mod and K&N - sorry no before run. 163.57 hp without N20

Very happy with my Muzzy - but my tuner said he sees at least 5 more HP on a busa with the same mods and a Brock Hindle system.
13 HP, very nice!! Wish I had done this sooner!

Also nice little 50-shot on there! Bet THAT would be a warp-drive impression to the guy behind you if you were doing a little roll-on on an abandoned road somewhere...
laugh.gif

(johnnycrash @ Sep. 18 2007,06:55) This is a full Muzzy with airbox mod and K&N - sorry no before run.  163.57 hp without N20

I have the Hindel carbon fiber full ehaust and was thinking of switching to a megaphone,just cause i like the look.I love the sound and HP oncrease with the hindel but just not crazy about the look.

8-15 hp depending on setup.dollar for dollar Muzzy is hard to beat..we are right over the hill from each other,great folks..lmk if i can help ya price wise.

(GoldenChild @ Sep. 18 2007,09:25) 8-15 hp depending on setup.dollar for dollar Muzzy is hard to beat..we are right over the hill from each other,great folks..lmk if i can help ya price wise.
Thanks Daniel!

Just bought a used system from a member here, tough to beat that price!
wink.gif

I'm selling my Muzzy carbon fiber bolt-ons, if you're interested shoot me a PM they should resale well, in perfect condition!

(DEVLDOG @ Sep. 18 2007,09:22)
(johnnycrash @ Sep. 18 2007,06:55) This is a full Muzzy with airbox mod and K&N - sorry no before run.  163.57 hp without N20

I have the Hindel carbon fiber full ehaust and was thinking of switching to a megaphone,just cause i like the look.I love the sound and HP oncrease with the hindel but just not crazy about the look.
I would really like to be able to move to the Brocks Sidewinder - but even though I'm no canyon carver I think I'd still miss the cornering clearance. The one time I'd forget and dive into a corner and it'd be
crazy.gif

The megaphone looks like a decent compromise though.

(Shibumi @ Sep. 18 2007,07:58)
(GoldenChild @ Sep. 18 2007,09:25) 8-15 hp depending on setup.dollar for dollar Muzzy is hard to beat..we are right over the hill from each other,great folks..lmk if i can help ya price wise.
Thanks Daniel!

Just bought a used system from a member here, tough to beat that price!  
wink.gif

I'm selling my Muzzy carbon fiber bolt-ons, if you're interested shoot me a PM they should resale well, in perfect condition!
hey dude looking for some pipes. what you asking for yours.

Back