Yosh full system with Power Commander

MrSlug

Registered
I was wondering if any of the heads here have a Yosh full system with a Power commander. If so, how do you like the setup?

I have been debating having the shop install these two items. It would be great to hear some owner experiences before I plunk down the dough.

Also at 19K miles I am fairly certain I will need a clutch soon. This part I can do myself, but I would also appreciate any advice on brand and gotcha's with a Busa clutch.

Thx much in advance for helping me spend some money!
smile.gif

if you can do a clutch...then you can do the pipe and PC install as well.... just take it to the dealer for a proper mapping.

save the $$$ from the installation for other goodies.

(BusaCruise @ Apr. 03 2007,03:38) if you can do a clutch...then you can do the pipe and PC install as well....  just take it to the dealer for a proper mapping.

save the $$$ from the installation for other goodies.
+1

However, Yoshi works fine with the resurts and numbers...but, it is too quiet in HWY.
So, I shrink its sizes lil bit...Now its got some sweet sounds and breath better...(I did the smallbox mod too...)
super.gif

PICT0554__Small_.JPG

If you can replace a clutch, then installing a p/c & full yosh would easily be within your capability. The Read the post on the pair valve mod as you definatley should do that when you put on the headers, you will be working in that area anyhow. (o yeah, buy some block off plates for the project of the pair valve). Next while your doing the p/c ( almost plug & play connections) do the small air box mod while you have the tank up. As far as Mapping your bike, the power commander website has several maps to work with. try a couple of them until you can get a custom map. Don't use a euopean map unless you live there.... I found the Acropovic map worked better for me than the yosh map, & I have the Yosh. I'm now running the "User Submitted" "Big Bird" map. I like it even better.

I found block off plates at deadheadcycle for 19.00. Try them for the Pair vavle removal. But Like everyone else said if you can swap clutch you can do the pc and pipes. Realy all you need to generic map the pc is a home computer and or laptop. Prefferably laptop. Good luck
beerchug.gif

Thanks for the advice from all. I have done clutches on my dirt bikes and my Ducatis before. The only reason I would let the shop do the exhaust is the bike is already apart (for the serivce/inspection) and they offered a package deal of full yosh for 800 bucks.

I will do the PC myself.

Now off to read about blocking the pair valve.

Thanks again.

I did this setup, EASY, I like the sound and look. $800 is cheep, is that installed
rock.gif

Yes installed. I have done a lot of business with the shop before so they are cutting me a break. 800 for parts and labor.

Be weary of one reminder though ...there are different friction and metals that need to go in a certain order on the Busa clutch.
Just pay attention to the diagrams for the correct order.

beerchug.gif

Also, the clutch steel discs go in one way. There's a taper edge and a squared edge. My clutch has 18K plus miles and still looks great after 3 years of use. Check the discs carefully, they might be good still.

Back