muzzy aluminum fan

bs72069

Registered
is it easy to install? i notice in the instrution that u might have to cut it some? do u have to remove the radiator to get the fan out? was it worth switching the fan out? and who makes a repair manual for the hayabusa?

welcome to the family! No just remove the left side lower and right side lowers, reach in and remove the fan housing. Then exchange the blades and slip it all back into place. Hmmm seems to make a difference, but its hard to say since i changed the fanblade, wrapped the headers, replaced the antifreeze with engine ice... But with all that done i can leave my bike sitting for a long time and it still wont run hot --so i'm happy with the coolant system changes.

MOST Busas eventually melt the ends off of the plastic fan blades, causing it to run hot.
The Muzzy fan was designed to replace the plastic fan because of this.
Not really to make it run any cooler, just to keep it from melting.

bs72069,

My experience is that the Muzzy fan moves a lot more air. Put you hand over the left side of the fairing where the fan moves the air out. The stock fan will feel like puf, puf. The Muzzy fan will feel like a blow dryer. I did this test with my bike next my friends bike with a stock fan.

Additionally, we went from Dallas to Myrtle Beach this summer, and on Ocean Blvd in stop and go traffic, His busa had the red light go on, mine only moved a needle width from middle.

Both have stock coolent, the only difference is the fan

Just my 02

Stealth

soon as i get my bike running again i will tell you if it works any better i live in the desert were right now its in the 100's on a cool day...i bought a muzzy fan too one of the many things i need to install...but ill let you all know

I run the Muzzy's on both my Busas. Good product, easy install. JUST FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS to the WORD. Especially on the gasket trimming.

I was considering this mod, but then I realized that the temp guage never gets past half-way. I made a short trip last weekend, forgot a key and came back to the house. When I went in, I left the busa runnin'. I was inside for almost 10 minutes looking for that damned key, which BTW was already in my pocket with me - I had not forgotten it. Anyway, when I came out, I checked the temp guage - it was just barely cracking 1/2. By the time I went down the road 40', it was back under 1/2. Cooling system is stock, I haven't even flushed the original coolant yet (winter maintenance this year). I guess if she ever does start running hot, I'll do the fan mod.

i can tell the difference in how much more air it pulls thru the radiator. and was wonder which fan is lighter. it felt that the muzzy is lighter than stock.

Back