Aluminum fan?

qwksht

Registered
Anyone replaced the stock plastic fan to an aluminum fan?I have my busa all apart installing the exhaust and was wondering if replacing the plastic fan with a aluminum fan was necessary or is it a waste of money?
1zhelp.gif

I've only once heard my fan kick on... and that was because I had let it idle for about 15 minutes in the garage on a pretty hot afternoon after I finished putting new exhaust on..

I'd say it's a waste... maybe a little less weight.. other than that... useless.. me thinks

im installing my exhaust this week and im doing the muzzy fan might as well since its all apart anyways

After market single wall exhaust get a lot hotter than the stock system. I've heard that the plastic blades will start to melt and lose their shape. If you live in a warm climate or ride in a lot of stop and go traffic, its not a bad idea to put one on while you have it apart. I have one waiting to install as soon as I get my pipe.

I've got a muzzy fan ...they are suppose to produce more air, thus keeping the engine and anti-freeze cooler... Does it really work ---hard to say since i replaced the coolant with Dave's Engine Ice--- Now that really worked for lowering the operating temp
biggrin.gif

I've only once heard my fan kick on...  and that was because I had let it idle for about 15 minutes in the garage on a pretty hot afternoon after I finished putting new exhaust on..

I'd say it's a waste...  maybe a little less weight.. other than that... useless.. me thinks
it draws more air and that's a fact so it is not a waste of money
do you need
1zhelp.gif
?

You guys might want to go back through the mods threads to the header wrap one. I used the header wrap tape on my Akra Stainless header to keep the heat from radiating from the down-tubes into the radiator and oil cooler. My bike never goes much above the mid point of the temp gauge even in the hottest summer days while stopped in traffic. The biggest problem we have is than the header tubes are less than one inch away from the cooling system and are well above 500 degrees. The heat tape is cool enough on the outside to touch with your finger while the pipe is searing hot. No more over heating problem. Just start your wrap where the tube bends down from the head and wrap it until below the oil cooler. Your pipes won't over heat with that short distance and you will never worry about boiling or melting fans ever.

Its cheap too.....

Back