Must be a bad Karma day

MN72Busa

Formerly known as "Zuki"
Donating Member
Registered
After reading some of the threads around here lately, I’m starting to think it's been like a full moon 24/7 this past week. I've been very luck in my years of riding, but today I had 2 close calls. The first one was about 6 hours ago, and the 2nd one happened on my way to work, and I’m still a little shook up.

1) I decided to take my under armor gear back to Sport Mart, because I think it is overpriced and as mentioned by one of the members here Wal-Mart has some good stuff for cheap. Ok, I make the return and head to Wal-Mart some 8 miles away. I buy my goods, and off on my bike I go. The road I’m traveling is a single lane undevided commercial roadway, with my lane having continuous business entrances. Speed is 30 mph zone, traffic can be clearly seen entering and exiting off the roadway. I’m traveling at about 25 mph, and have a visual on a late Model Honda something or another ready to exit out of a driveway. I’m traveling at a slow enough rate of travel to make eye contact with the driver of the Honda. I’m approximately 50 feet from the driver of the Honda, and he give me this evil frickin look, and than decides to gas his Honda, and pull out in my lane of traffic, and stop the car. I nailed the brakes, and witnessed the driver laughing with his friend about the situation. The driver than backed into the driveway he exited from, and seemed to challenge me. I really wanted to take my helmet off, and bust out his fugin windshield, but being the so-called responsible 32 year old adult that I am, I decided to get the heck out of there, and not put myself in a position that I didn’t need to be in.

2) Incident number 2...I’m traveling to work Southbound on MN Hwy 252, and the road merges into Interstate I-94 East. I routinely travel this route to work everyday, at typically the same time (I work Dog watch). Hwy 252 merges into Hwy I-94, and there is a sharp bend in the road at this junction. 2 lane Hwy traffic, which merges into 5 lane Interstate. I’m traveling in the far left lane to avoid merging traffic, however there is minimal shoulder to the left of me...maybe 3 feet, which is met with a 4 foot high concrete wall running parallel to the Interstate. I’m traveling at approx 65 to 70 mph, and in the lane next to me is a late model suburban. As I’m coming up on the suburban's passenger door, the suburban decides to enter my lane of traffic. The merge was quite an aggressive move, and literally forced me to swerve within inches of the concrete barrier to my left. The suburban crossed the white solid line which runs parallel to the concrete wall, leaving me only instinct to downshift to 2nd gear and open the throttle up completely. I believe if I would have reacted any slower, the suburban would have forced me into the wall. When I had barley passed his front bumper I notice his passenger headlight still moving to the left of me, and almost making contact with the concrete barrier. Thank God the Busa has power...if I had been on Victory Hammer I would be in ICU I believe...if not the morgue.

I’m not sure what the hell is wrong with cagers lately, but things have been getting progressively worse. And today was just too strange for me, especially after reading the thread concerning one of our members here.

Another reason to keep a sidearm handy when you ride...equipped with a laser sight.

I woulda looked around for witnesses and called the cops on that idiot in the Honda.

Better yet, if you were wearing full gear, I woulda aimed the bike right at the driver side door...and gotten ready to go superman.

30mph ain't that bad to crash or fly...provided the area is clear for landing. I'll bet that idiot cager isn't going to fare as well having a 500lb projectile slamming into his door at 30mph.
mad.gif

And yes, I've been through that. T-boned a car @ 35MPH....got some scrapes and bruises, thankfully nothing broken. No gear, 12 years old.

Ate it going 65-70mph....no gear aside from a helmet. That one was definitely worse.

I would have killed the punk kid in the Honda. That is a good way to get someone killed.

Another reason to keep a sidearm handy when you ride...equipped with a laser sight.

I woulda looked around for witnesses and called the cops on that idiot in the Honda.

Better yet, if you were wearing full gear, I woulda aimed the bike right at the driver side door...and gotten ready to go superman.  

30mph ain't that bad to crash or fly...provided the area is clear for landing. I'll bet that idiot cager isn't going to fare as well having a 500lb projectile slamming into his door at 30mph.
mad.gif

And yes, I've been through that. T-boned a car @ 35MPH....got some scrapes and bruises, thankfully nothing broken. No gear, 12 years old.

Ate it going 65-70mph....no gear aside from a helmet. That one was definitely worse.
I usually carry my CCW, but today I didn't. Damn silly of me not to, especially since I was going to Wall-mart...lol. Also, I can get my POST License (Peace Officer Standards & Training) yanked from me for pulling stunts like that. Anyhow, I don't like to respond to things like this out of anger, and I was pissed, and I'm not sure if I would have done something that would have jeopardized my career. It was better that I just drove on, however I have the Tag from the Honda, and I never forget an idiot.

Stunts? Who said anything about a stunt?

You were just going along your merry way....when the car decided to pull out and stop. Forensics would have determined that. You had no time to react...50 ft isn't much space when you're traveling at 30mph.

I would say go faster (say around 35mph), but the forensics team would have that figured out as well.

It wasn't a stunt you pulled...it was a failure to yield on their part. AND....you were going the speed limit. You were just..."distracted"....for a split second. And that's all it took for that accident to happen.

You know what I mean?

Back