Mounted my GPS...

berryman

Registered
I got a Garmin GPS for Christmas and I pulled the trigger and ordered a Powerlet system to power it and a Ram mount to hold it. I was very pleased with the end results.

GarminHayabusa.jpg

Can you steer to the stops? Appears it will hit the screen unless you center it. I like the shorter RAM extension.

Well, I finally got to take it for a spin today and calibrate the speedo with my GPS and admire my handy work....I'm gonna love this when it finally stays warm! Very cool!

Another way to go. Fits with a plate to the tank-screws.
Sorry i have no complete pic at the moment.

Navi-Halter 004.jpg

Navi-Halter 003.jpg

somebody asked me ,so i put another 2 pics.
sorry , bike is stripped and without tank.
Makes no difference what kind of bar you use , cause its always between triple tree and tank.

navi 003.jpg

navi 004.jpg

navi 002.jpg

Both of your guys setups look pretty good. How do the GPS systems working out for you guys?

Mine 276c works verry fine on bike. i dont like the talking and use it only with the signal "ping"
Also it has a strong akku that will last about 6-7 hours in bright sun with display on "full power" to 10-11 hours at night or cloudy sky.(low brightness)
No cables needed. Put it to reload under the hump were i had a
"lighter-plug ??"

It has all funktions of a board computer with many infos.
average, high speed ,driving time ,all trip time and many more
Tracking is verry nice when you read it out and look at home at your trip.

Since i use it , i take any road that looks nice , drive unknown roads , and discovered a lot of nice places..............
only with the knowlede to find back home with the push of a button, no matter where i am. Thats one of the best functions for me.

I found so many nice roads i would not have choosed with a map.

@B12- Nice setup.

I have the same GPS with a handlebar mount. Where did you get the ball/plate that bolts to the tank mount? I like that look.

Thanks

C

Back