Motorcycle Riding Schools/Classes

sroos

Registered
I'm looking to go to one of the Motorcycle Schools that is geared towards aggressive riding. My preference is for a school with plenty of seat time and a lower student to instructor ratio. Price and location are definately second to quality of instruction. I have been riding two wheelers for 40 years. I have been through multiple MSF classes as well as Motocross classes. My background on two wheels has been Trail, Hill Climbing, Street, Drag, and Motocross up to the expert level. On four wheels: Drag and Autocross. Snowmobiles: Drag, Snowcross, Cross Country and Ovals. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.:thumbsup:

I've read a lot about Keith's school and the devices he has created to teach skills. Not knowing anything execept what I have read:beerchug: this is my first pick, but I would really like to get some personal comments on the good, the bad, and the ugly (sounds like a movie).

Look up Reg Primore. I have heard very good things about his school called "class". He teaches at 3 or 4 locations around the country. His sin is Jason Pridmore who also has a traveling school called "star". Nick Ineatsch also operates one. I'm not sure if Freddy Spencer is still in business. Keith Code is the other. Those are the ones I dug up when I was thinking about heading to a school a few years back. Reg Pridmore was my first choice. He has instructed all of the above except for Keith Code. Pretty salty credentials right there!

It is also important to find someone to teach as close as possible to you to reduce travel and lodging. You really want to attend multiple session days to get the most out of it. You also will want recovery time in between the days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you done a track day? I'd start there and work your way up to racing school. You can get alot of training and 1 on 1 attention at a track day.

PM me.... I went to Keith Code's school. I am going back as soon as I can set it up.

UncleSteve, I'd like to hear what you have to say about Code's school too...

P.S. Is that where they taught you to jump Busa's? :whistle:

All thank you for the replies this helps give me a basis to evaluate. Have never done a track day so that might be a good precurser to the riding school. However I spent a day riding with macon454 and that felt like a track day. Thanx Steve

All thank you for the replies this helps give me a basis to evaluate. Have never done a track day so that might be a good precurser to the riding school. However I spent a day riding with macon454 and that felt like a track day. Thanx Steve

Most if not all track day orgs have control riders that you can ask to follow to show you good lines and have follow you and give you advice on how to improve. They are generally less expensive that the schools and you have a track near you.

Then step up to the performance riding school. I think you'll get more out of the school is you have some track experience going into it.

Last edited:
any of the track day organizations i've been to have run instructions for the novice group. actually, the last day i did at mid ohio (last year) the guy that obviously learned the most out of every rider on the track was a big guy on a busa.

depending on how much money you have to spend, i'd say do a "normal" track day in the novice group sometime before taking a real school (like code or primore) so you can pay more focus to the actual techniques. my first day was through kieth code, and i became a completely different rider as far as skill level is concerned, but i know i would have improved even more had i not had to learn the track while also learning the techniques they teach

there is no bad way to do it, there just may be better ones

Back