motor swap

kodi4u2c

Registered
not sure if this is the rite spot on the boards.........

I'm wanting to know if i have a 2000 model busa, will any 99 and up motor work into my 2000 model??

does a newer motor have need it's corresponding ecu, etc for it to work?

thanks in advance.

All of the motors will bolt up thru '07, it's best if you have the correct ECU for the motor. I think the series was '99-'01,'02-'05,'06-'07 on the ECU.you also should keep in mind the fuel delivery system layout; 2001 thru 2007 has the fuel pump in the tank so this may require some small changes to your hoses.Refer to your Suzuki bible to get the specs;Servicing Information 8-23, will show '99-'00.Section 10-8-5,10-8-6 & 10-8-7 will show 2001-2007 basic layout.If you don't have a Suzuki Service Manual, be sure to get one so that you'll have all of the correct information regarding the motor mounts and their torque specs etc. I've done 4 complete builds,working on my 5th(all busas) and drag race mine every weekend-manual was the best part I've bought.
Hope this helps & good luck

Ok I got a 02 with a blown motor i have a choice of donor motors a 06 or 07 will I need to swap ecu's also and if so will the wire harnesses work will I have to change those also ?

Back