MotoGP 2023

Impressed with Binder on the KTM.

Always wonder why KTM, is in MotoGP. Most sales in the dirt bike market, and nothing to compete with street Superbikes in the 1k class.

I felt bad for him. He physically finished second but due to him going wide on the last lap he was given a penalty instead of a warning like the other riders got when they went wide.

IMG_3577.jpg

IMG_3578.jpg

Impressed with Binder on the KTM.

Always wonder why KTM, is in MotoGP. Most sales in the dirt bike market, and nothing to compete with street Superbikes in the 1k class.
Stefan Peirer! In an interview with Alan Cathcart in ~2016 for Cycle news he stated the following.

Just to make sure he was hearing things correctly, Cathcart pressed the KTM CEO and asked if there would be at least a homologated version of this machine? In answer, Pierer again said “No, because we at KTM think that a sportbike with such performance doesn’t have any place on the public roads.”

Though they did later make the RC8C which was a track special.

Interesting development! If theres anything to this story, it sounds more like Bastiannini wants out, than Martin wants in. Ducati Factory is notoriously cut throat. And with Marquez entering the mix next year all these guys will likely be trying to secure their future rides before he shakes up the entire paddock at the end of 24 season. Lots of rider contracts open up then and its going to be a spectacle!

I was wondering how long Luca would last with Mooney. He’s nowhere near the rider that Bezzecchi is who reminds me of Rossi himself. Looks like Marc’s lil brother might be a contender next year. He won the Sprint and came in second in the GP. I doubt Luca will do any better on a Honda than he did on a Ducati.

Last race of the 2023 season this weekend! Pecco would have to do something really dumb to lose the title now. Gutted for Martin after the tire issue at Qatar last round practically gifted the title to Pecco.

But the real story is the test taking place after this race! Marquez set for his first ride on the Ducati, Rins (if he's healthy after this race?) to ride the new Yamaha, Morbidelli to Ducati, possibly Marini to HRC (though nothings been announced yet), Pedro Acosta may make his GAS GAS/KTM debut, DiGiantonio to god knows where? Heard there's a possibility Marquez is taking Red Bull with him to Gresini, also hearing Rossi's Mooney VR46 squad may become Yamaha's satellite squad for 2025? If so Yamaha better have their stuff sorted by then or Bezzechi will be in the wind! And if they do who will take over the Ducati's the Mooney vr46 currently run? I'm sure there will be more!

I should add that with guys like Arbolino, Aldegeur etc. destined for MotoGP it looks like a purge is going to take place for some of the dead wood in the Motogp class.
Lots of Popcorn in the near future! :popcorn:

Last race of the 2023 season this weekend! Pecco would have to do something really dumb to lose the title now. Gutted for Martin after the tire issue at Qatar last round practically gifted the title to Pecco.

But the real story is the test taking place after this race! Marquez set for his first ride on the Ducati, Rins (if he's healthy after this race?) to ride the new Yamaha, Morbidelli to Ducati, possibly Marini to HRC (though nothings been announced yet), Pedro Acosta may make his GAS GAS/KTM debut, DiGiantonio to god knows where? Heard there's a possibility Marquez is taking Red Bull with him to Gresini, also hearing Rossi's Mooney VR46 squad may become Yamaha's satellite squad for 2025? If so Yamaha better have their stuff sorted by then or Bezzechi will be in the wind! And if they do who will take over the Ducati's the Mooney vr46 currently run? I'm sure there will be more!

I should add that with guys like Arbolino, Aldegeur etc. destined for MotoGP it looks like a purge is going to take place for some of the dead wood in the Motogp class.
Lots of Popcorn in the near future! :popcorn:
Hi. Please keep the info comming I really like it.

Today was truly entertaining! Martin set out to get in Pecco's head and follow him throughout the 2nd practice session. Pecco was apparently trying everything (!) to shake him, and even Davide Tardozzi tried to intervene by blocking Martin's exit from his pit (see pic below) so he couldn't follow Pecco. It all blew up in Pecco's face though, as Martin was able to finish the day in 2nd (with his teammate Zarco right behind in 3rd!) while Pecco was relegated to 15th and will have to go through Q1 to try and improve his starting position for the race(s). Martin was later given a fine for blocking someone's (wonder who?) practice start. Fair play to Martin, he is making Pecco work for this one! Remains to be seen how sour Zarco is for being booted from the Ducati for Morbidelli. He could play a big part in this!
:fire::popcorn:

1700847259132.png

Last edited:
Valencia has had a new surface put down which is providing more grip Mav has broken Lorenzos lap record, but there has been loads of crashes across all 3 classes due to either cold conditions in the morning or going off line on the 'dirty' part of the track, riders reckon it will scrub off.
When i wake up in the morn i'll eagerly watch the sprint replay and see if ... :cool:

Round 1 to Martin! It takes the championship down to 14 points going into the final race tomorrow. If Martin wins, Pecco just has to finish in the top 5. If all the loyal Ducati riders toe the corporate line and line up behind Pecco like they did today it should be a cake walk. Digiantonio clearly had the speed to pass him but didnt even try. And Marquez on the podium on a Honda while the next best Honda was 16th! Check out the shot of Martins leathers after the sprint race, wearing some of Marquez' front tire!
1700932089074.png

1700932460215.png

Yip that was a cracker sprint for sure :D , was hoping Digia would make a pass under brakes cause he is quite strong there , i mean after all Ducati has dumped him anyway :(
Exactly^, though I suspect he may wind up taking Marinis seat at VR46. Not sure who HRC thinks they are fooling by not announcing that Marini is their guy next year, he's already announced he wont be on his brothers squad next year.

Exactly^, though I suspect he may wind up taking Marinis seat at VR46. Not sure who HRC thinks they are fooling by not announcing that Marini is their guy next year, he's already announced he wont be on his brothers squad next year.
Reckon you're right Digia dare not duff up Pecco cause that would upset Rossi and bye bye Luca's seat for next year for Fabio Digia.

Spoiler Alert: So where is Zerks when you need a conspiracy theory? Martin was slower in Qatar than he usually is in FP1! Ducati controls the tires for the team, the guy who is bearing down on the championship gets a bad tire? Or maybe a bad setting on the bike? Makes you go humm. Then today Marquez is pinching him, why not race close but not that aggressive? It's almost like Marc had orders from Ducati too as if he was going to be riding a Ducati next year. Wait, you don't think....

Back