MotoGP 2023

And... testing begins this weekend in Sepang so theres that.
MotoGP™ class pre-season schedule:
- Shakedown Test: 5th – 7th February
- Sepang Test: 10th – 12th February
- Portimão Test: 11th – 12th March

I think Yamaha is working on a completely new bike and it wasn't ready to go for 2023. I think the advantage of the cross-plane crank (remember the big bang stuff) has been made obsolete by the grunt of the V4. It's now painfully obvious the bike is painfully slow and its turning advantages have been equaled by better braking Ducatis. Unfortunately, it's going to be years before Yamaha climbs back to being the best bike on the grid. So they are probably going to lose Fabio too.

Dominant champions are as much about good bikes as good riders. Rossi rode some of the best-behaved bikes on the grid. Stoner had a weapon in the Ducati that only he could deploy successfully. And the Honda was not the best bike on the grid but it blended with Marquez's riding style to be a dominant package. But think about this: Fabio won a world title on a bike with serious power deficits, then was runner-up on a bike outclassed in braking, turning, and that got walked down on the straights by several bikes on the grid. Imagine if he had a decent ride under him?

I think to win a world title, you need to be consistent. You can't be consistently riding at 110%, you need to be at more like 80%. So, you need a bike/strategy that has defined advantages you can use against your opponent, allowing you to be in front riding at 80-90%.
Maybe!

I’m already practicing for when I watch the first GP race meet month.

161BF5C4-AFDF-4A92-BB2E-DEC42425E617.jpeg

Maybe!
Interesting. Yamaha swears there is life left in the inline 4, but seems like squeezing blood from a turnip to me. Yamaha says they know inlines and that's the best option for developing a winning bike in the near future. I suppose that is true, but it seems like beating a dead horse. And obviously who knows more, Yamaha or Fallen? Haha.

One thing is for sure, they have the most successful inline 4 riders in Rins, Mir & Fabio.

Interesting. Yamaha swears there is life left in the inline 4, but seems like squeezing blood from a turnip to me. Yamaha says they know inlines and that's the best option for developing a winning bike in the near future. I suppose that is true, but it seems like beating a dead horse. And obviously who knows more, Yamaha or Fallen? Haha.

One thing is for sure, they have the most successful inline 4 riders in Rins, Mir & Fabio.
Umm Mir and Rins are on V4 Hondas now Arch. :rolleyes:

But honestly all you have to do is look at the speed and success of the Suzuki's late last season and realize that Yamaha is behind in more than just the power department. It doesn't help that they have lost their Satellite squad to help them in the product development role. That and the Sprint races this season may be the thing that drives Fabio out, then they will really be sunk. And I dont see Toprak jumping into a team in a death spiral so they really have a lot to play for this year. Power aside, Ducati is outpacing all of them with its AI tire management software, wind tunnel and chassis development etc. It helps that they have the VW group backing them. This weekend will be telling in who shows up with what to try and trim that deficit. Its starting to get good! :popcorn:

Umm Mir and Rins are on V4 Hondas now Arch. :rolleyes:

But honestly all you have to do is look at the speed and success of the Suzuki's late last season and realize that Yamaha is behind in more than just the power department. It doesn't help that they have lost their Satellite squad to help them in the product development role. That and the Sprint races this season may be the thing that drives Fabio out, then they will really be sunk. And I dont see Toprak jumping into a team in a death spiral so they really have a lot to play for this year. Power aside, Ducati is outpacing all of them with its AI tire management software, wind tunnel and chassis development etc. It helps that they have the VW group backing them. This weekend will be telling in who shows up with what to try and trim that deficit. Its starting to get good! :popcorn:
Oops you're right. Sucks getting old...

Another interesting shot of the Yamaha with a shot of the exhaust exposed. And (so far anyway) Yamaha and KTM are the only ones not going all in on the wings all over the tail section like Honda and Ducati. The sooner they 86 the wings the better IMHO.
Yamaha-Shakedown-1.jpg

Back