Montel Williams

I love it! He is absolutely right. America's priorities are all screwed up. You ask any person on the street and they can tell you what Brittany Spears did yesterday but they can't tell you who the Vice President of the United states is.

I have not always agreed with Montel's views but have always respected him because he is genuine. We are truly blessed to live in this Country. People need to be reminded of that. Well done Montel.

Thank you to all of you that have served for our country. I wish you guys knew how much respect and appreciation I have for you. What we have today is because of you and those that came before you.

Congrats for Montel getting to speak his mind, real shame he didn't realize that he is a puppet of a system that can squash him. He probably threw his career away over those comments.
Never know, he could be picked up by NBC or CNN as a news talk show host.  I could see that happening just to pizz in FOX's wheaties.  
dunno.gif
wanna place a wager?

Congrats for Montel getting to speak his mind, real shame he didn't realize that he is a puppet of a system that can squash him. He probably threw his career away over those comments.
Never know, he could be picked up by NBC or CNN as a news talk show host.  I could see that happening just to pizz in FOX's wheaties.  
dunno.gif
wanna place a wager?
I'll pass, but it wouldn't be a suprise if that happened. CNN already has a host(Glenn Beck) that is outspoken like that and basicly said the same thing on his show so they prolly aren't shopping.

his punishment is not only speaking againist the wishes of his sponsors/employers....he also disrespected the show he was a guest on by not following their script/discussion topic. He basically said what they were discussing was b/s, not important or unnews worthy. He'll be viewed as a loose cannon and unreliable from nowon.

his punishment is not only speaking againist the wishes of his sponsors/employers....he also disrespected the show he was a guest on by not following their script/discussion topic. He basically said what they were discussing was b/s, not important or unnews worthy. He'll be viewed as a loose cannon and unreliable from nowon.
But if more guests acted like him then maybe the media would stop with the Britney stories, Ledger drama, etc. and start reporting the news that really matters to Americans.

But if more guests acted like him then maybe the media would stop with the Britney stories, Ledger drama, etc. and start reporting the news that really matters to Americans.
Ahhh Sam,
I think therein lies the problem. As Montel mentioned in the video, why do they run these types of stories? Ratings. People watch. When you say that they should play the news that matters to Americans, I think, unfortunately they are. I believe Montel was commmenting on what I believe may constitute generally out of whack priorites in our society and the Comglomerated media's willingness to exploit those priorites to sell newspapers and keep views for thier shows.

The media focuses on ratings....ratings are created by the general public. Honestly...most wars are boring, that is why you see clips and not tent cams and tank cams 24/7. This has been going on long enough that most people are numb already. Add to this the acceptable level of violence on TV and movies....unless they broadcast public executions etc etc etc.....the ratings will stink for such news broadcasts.

HOWEVER, a female superstar losing her kids to their dad. THAT is big news to a country who has a 50% divorce rate and 90% of those who are fathers are lucky to see their kids 2 weekends a month. Then this chick who most men at one point or another in her career was the epitome of "hot" has mental break downs, drug issues and now mental illness and guardianship issues....better than a soap opera. Hell its better than a train wreck right now, don't wanna look but can't help it. THAT IS WAY SHE'S GETTING RATINGS....SEX APPEAL.

Both posts hit on the same thing. Sad that Americans would rather watch the National Enquirer news. Sad that Americans thrive on turmoil. Just like the "50% divorce rate" That statistic is only partially true but it gets more peoples attention than the actual divorce rate.

As far as the train wreck, they are actually very boring. I've had several

ya know, if they'd send some ACTORS over to Iraq to fight and die, THAT would be a story worth tuning in for

TV: Total Vacancy. Just say no

I don't know when he is actually going to be off air though.....he was on yesterday NOT A RERUN. I guess they can't just drop that spot. Maybe they aren't renewing his contract?

Back