Modifications to a 2010 Ninja 250R

AQTCJAK

Registered
Has anyone done anything other than Jetting & exhaust to help in the performance of these bikes. My finance has decided to get one. I would like to modify it as much as possible to make it preform.

What about Body Mods as well. Let see them & here about them

My immediate thoughts are ditch the mud flap, flush mount singles, under tail kit with integrated signals, axle mounted tag, Seat Cowl,

This is the bike she is getting:

L_Ninja_B-R[1].jpg

That is a great looking bike and I am sure she will enjoy it. Why not let her ride it for a couple of weeks and let her tell you what changes she would like? She is the one that is gonna ride it.

She has ridden my Busa & like what has been done with it so she is already thinking & I cant find anything

is she gonna be happy with it or want a 600, 750 or a 1000 later on. if so i wouldnt spend much money on it. low market for those bikes with an even lower return.

I was thinking maybe $1K in upgrades max. I am sure she will be wanting to change at some point in a year or so. She has ridding about 50K on another bike so she knows how to ride it is just the power of my bike that is intimidating.

Am I the only one that is confused here? Maybe I'm just tired so lets recap:

Your girlfriend wants a bike
She has over 50,000 miles experience on another bike?
She has piloted your busa but its too much for her
You think she will outgrow the little Ninja in a year
You want to mod the Ninja for her

Is this right or am I missing something?
???

Speaking from experience..

I bought my wife a 08 Ninja used with 600 miles on it, perfect shape, paid $2900 last year.

She is already sick of it with 5,000 miles on it and I am currently looking at 600/1000 for her.

I should be able to sell it for around what I bought it for but dont going throwing to much money at it, also if you ride with bigger bikes alot it will just make her madder that she cant keep up, mine was pissed off this weekend with 9 bikes, 4 busa's, a bmw k1200 and a few other things mixed in.

Look at it this way, now that my wife wants a bigger bike its just another bike in the stable I can ride, :cheerleader:

i would let her ride one first..they have no power! my buddy bought his wife one and she was wanting a 600 within a few weeks.. just my opinion but i think if she rode it she wouldn`t want it?? i rode it and i would be afraid to pull out in traffic on that thing!!

Another thing no one has mentioned, if you ride at anything more then 55mph, it revs to the MOON, always raping that little thing out.

Best performance mod you could do to it is sell it. Great starter bike:thumbsup: But I think she will out grow an get bored of it rather quickly. Performance an cosmetic mods may be a stretch if she will be moving up...

imo leave it as is let her enjoy it get used to it an if a year later of riding it she wants to keep it an stay with it an call it her dream bike, mod away then. Sucks to to start investing into it an little later she eying a another bike.

That 250 in the pic does look nice:thumbsup: but an sv or bigger class I am sure will be in the future

MY lil bro just got one and i rode it. it was fun around the neighborhood but I cant see myself enjoying riding it elsewhere. I tried to talk him into an enduro but I am an idiot and he knows it all. His is all black and the only mods i suggested were to powdercoat a couple things black and if they make one purchase a decent smoke windscreen. I would do a slip on if the price was right but i would not spend any money on performance. before I rode it i was thinking we could get a smaller front sprocket or bigger rear to make it a little quiker but after i rode it i am not sure it would more at all if the sprocket ratio was changed

Let her learn on that one then see where she wants to go from there. i would not invest any money other than maintence. because when you go to sell it you can get close to what you paid for it. any aftermarket stuff will be a loss

you can mod it by buying a zx6 other then that it aint gona go fast....ever...is 26 hp

If she already has over 50k worth of riding experience on another bike, I wouldn't waste your money on the 250R. She will out grow it within a short amount of time and will be wanting a bigger bike. I would go with a GSXR 600 or maybe even a 750.

+1 on not getting this bike if power is a concern before you buy it. If you don't think her ready for a real deal sport bike hp maybe look at the sv 650 or kawi 650r.

Good luck!

Man all this talk makes me glad I just bought Mary one.. :laugh:

Mary on the Ninja 250  11-09-09 008 (Small).jpg

Last edited:
Back