Tag Mount

I just did this yesterday.  I used the CF backet that came with the undertail and then made a stainless piece that to mount to that because the thing they give you is nowhere big enough to mount a US sized plate on.  The holes on the CF piece were not center so put it where you want it and then drill...  I use Stainless bolts with nylon nuts, they don't come loose.  I added a 3/16 spacer between the plate and the bracket to allow the screw heads not to be up against the plate.   I am looking today for a plate light because like you MA says the plate has to be in the middlee BLAH BLAH BLAH and have its own light or no sticker or get a fine if you get pulled over...  I was thinking one on those LED plate light bolts you can get at the car crap stores.  A single one mounted in front of the plate facing down should be ok.  I'll let you know what I find.
I dont have an undertail like that but I would put a small amount of silicone or other easily removable adhesive just to help the bracket stay to the undertail. I personally would be afraid the machine screws would not hold 100% effectively in the fiberglass. That is just MHO. If you guys say it's perfectly safe and won't back out or slowly strip out from vibration than
ThumbsUp.gif

just my .02

Thanks for all the information guys.  I really like the Carbon fiber mount, but will probably just go with some L Brackets and Ghetto paint them black so they don't standout.  I have the tag light that came with my side mount Tag Holder.  I wish I could have used the actual mount, it has the Kanji Laser cut into the black metal, and comes with the tag light, pretty awesome.. but it ends up mounting the tag on a curve, vertical, and not on the rear.. lol.

I just did this yesterday.  I used the CF backet that came with the undertail and then made a stainless piece that to mount to that because the thing they give you is nowhere big enough to mount a US sized plate on.  The holes on the CF piece were not center so put it where you want it and then drill...  I use Stainless bolts with nylon nuts, they don't come loose.  I added a 3/16 spacer between the plate and the bracket to allow the screw heads not to be up against the plate.   I am looking today for a plate light because like you MA says the plate has to be in the middlee BLAH BLAH BLAH and have its own light or no sticker or get a fine if you get pulled over...  I was thinking one on those LED plate light bolts you can get at the car crap stores.  A single one mounted in front of the plate facing down should be ok.  I'll let you know what I find.
I dont have an undertail like that but I would put a small amount of silicone or other easily removable adhesive just to help the bracket stay to the undertail. I personally would be afraid the machine screws would not hold 100% effectively in the fiberglass. That is just MHO. If you guys say it's perfectly safe and won't back out or slowly strip out from vibration than  
ThumbsUp.gif

just my .02
I will put a dab of silicone on each of the 3 screw/nut combos on the backside before the final install just in case but not until it is all set to go on the bike. I put red locktite on the Mototek undertail I just sold and could not get them apart afterwards...

ThumbsUp.gif

just my .02
I will put a dab of silicone on each of the 3 screw/nut combos on the backside before the final install just in case but not until it is all set to go on the bike.  I put red locktite on the Mototek undertail I just sold and could not get them apart afterwards...
yes thats why i suggested silicone cause it has some adhesion to it but yet it is still removable and can be cleaned off also if you ever change your mind. its not the most superior adhesion out there by anymeans but safe.
ThumbsUp.gif

ThumbsUp.gif

I used aluminum pop rivets with backers on the CF mount.. My plate is mounted to the bracket I got from "Hyperlights". I mounted the 16 LED dual function lights on the same bracket.. This is DOT legal for T/S light separation. The T/S lights in the tail are NOT DOT legal (too close to each other)

DSC_0130.JPG

The local station that I get mine done at will pass the bike as long as the blinkers are seperate bulbs and not intergrated into the brake lights and the plate has its own light source.  The stick on LED's I bought burned out with the frist attempt.  I bought the led bolts from Wally's for $4.99 and mounted one in front of the plate.   It looks decent and works.  I already gave the tail back to John.  I'l snap a pic this weekend...

The local station that I get mine done at will pass the bike as long as the blinkers are seperate bulbs and not intergrated into the brake lights and the plate has its own light source.  The stick on LED's I bought burned out with the frist attempt.  I bought the led bolts from Wally's for $4.99 and mounted one in front of the plate.   It looks decent and works.  I already gave the tail back to John.  I'l snap a pic this weekend...
pic would be nice i like bogus's lights but im not very electrically inclined i guess you could say so im looking for easy wiring. i am wanting to get rid of some of the mud flap but the signals are on it

I bought a set of "Hyperlites" (two sixteen LED dual function) with a brake light modulator (they flash when on the brakes)..

After all the electrical issues I had at fall bash not so sure I am good with electrical either
laugh.gif
my HID took a dive, one of my "Eagle tower" LED's went south and one of my "hyperlights" flat fell off when the double sided tape gave out.. I do not remember who but someone had a zip tie (Gixer or maybe even Dngrumpy) that helped patch me together for the weekend..

Cant wait to see the bike David , you getting antsy yet?

I am planning on 2000 miles at bike week this year... So yeah, antsy!!! A bit nervous too, my hip is not right and still really sore and my ankle keeps giving out, BTW I bout JR 5.0 Ballistic overpants with a hip pad...

Here is what I did when I first got her. I cut off the shovel and drilled mount holes for these "SHOCK" blinkers in the stock pan... It cleaned it up nice.

post_6_03341_HPIM0054.jpg

I am planning on 2000 miles at bike week this year...  So yeah, antsy!!!  A bit nervous too, my hip is not right and still really sore and my ankle keeps giving out, BTW I bout JR 5.0 Ballistic overpants with a hip pad...

Here is what I did when I first got her.  I cut off the shovel and drilled mount holes for these "SHOCK" blinkers in the stock pan...  It cleaned it up nice.
thts where i was wanting to put my blinks but was afraid it would be at too much of angle but that looks ok
hello.gif

I am planning on 2000 miles at bike week this year...  So yeah, antsy!!!  A bit nervous too, my hip is not right and still really sore and my ankle keeps giving out, BTW I bout JR 5.0 Ballistic overpants with a hip pad...

Here is what I did when I first got her.  I cut off the shovel and drilled mount holes for these "SHOCK" blinkers in the stock pan...  It cleaned it up nice.
thts where i was wanting to put my blinks but was afraid it would be at too much of angle but that looks ok
hello.gif
I still have them... $10 shipped if you want them... They are in the garage somewhere...

hello.gif
I still have them...  $10 shipped if you want them...  They are in the garage somewhere...
gotpm.gif

Back