Mind Your Own F-en Business!

GNBRETT

Registered
that's what I would tell my employer if they demanded my personal password to ANY internet account I may or may not have. and if they didnt like they could fuk-off. what is wrong with this world when an employer thinks he/she has the right to my personal business?

not to mention many people have the same password that works with different accounts outside of any social network. another reason why I dont have a facebook account. cant get into my fb account if I dont have one now can you.....:whistle: but if I did they are dreaming that I would give them my password so they can snoop thru my personal conversations ive had with people. unreal!

its really pathetic that a law needs to be passed to protect peoples privacy these days.

Md. Password Protection Bill Protects Officers - Officer.com

Yeah it's a sucky time in this once great country where they wont even give you the job if you dont. Allot of people are damned if you do damned if you dont!! Some people have no choice but to take the job and give up the info!! I know I wont do it unless I had absolutely no choice and my wife was gonna starve!! I'd go in and delete it quicker than they could access the info though!!!

Sounds like a huge 4th Amendment issue. These protections are already in place, but I understand the need for legislation to protect folks. If the employer needs to investigate something let them talk to a judge and get a search warrant.

I've heard of some jobs requiring them . They would never get mine

1) Set your FB privacy so that no-one can see your information/pics without your permission.

2) Tell the prospective employer that you don't use FB.

3) Never add any co-workers to your FB account.

Pretty easy, really.

I've had to fill out some forms that required finger printing, extra deep investigation into me and interviews of various people. In all of that I have *never* been asked for access to my FB or any other login/pwd information. If they didn't need it, no job I'm ever going to work at would need it either. If any employer ever asked me for it, I'd laugh out loud, loudly in their face, ask them if they've hit their head and get up to walk out of the room. There's no reason for them to have it and no way in hell they'd get it....not to mention its been ruled illegal many times over and violates the TOU with any site that requires you to have a user name/password, including this one. I would also never "friend" anyone from work that wasnt a friend that I did trust 1000% and without looking at who else from work they were friends with because FB ho's you around like that :laugh:.

1) Set your FB privacy so that no-one can see your information/pics without your permission.

2) Tell the prospective employer that you don't use FB.

3) Never add any co-workers to your FB account.

Pretty easy, really.
true, but that is a solution to a problem that should never exist in the first place. slippery slope.

Slippery slope....just read that article in my English class. The only reason they ask for it is because someone else was dumb enough to give it up. Now employers think they have the right to everyone else's acct. It will never happen here.no way no how.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I had to go though yearly FBI background checks when I was working in Port Everglades in Florida and at no time did they ask me for any user name / password to social media. So there is NO way i'm going to give it up to some non government employer. That is unless the interviewer is going to give me their user name and password to play around on their account while they look at mine. :laugh:

Slippery slope indeed...but...MOSt people WILL make the mistake of accessing their accountas on the job, and once you DO THAT? They gotcha:laugh:no need to ask or spy.

As long as you remember to NEVER acess your email etc from WORK you should be ok...frankly if Big Bro wants to look at your shiat then they can look at it all they want and you'll be none the wiser...

Slippery slope indeed...but...MOSt people WILL make the mistake of accessing their accountas on the job, and once you DO THAT? They gotcha:laugh:no need to ask or spy.

As long as you remember to NEVER acess your email etc from WORK you should be ok...frankly if Big Bro wants to look at your shiat then they can look at it all they want and you'll be none the wiser...

This is SO TRUE. Also don't have co-workers on your accounts because I know of a few people that have been disciplined because of things they have posted on FB that other co-workers have reported.

This is SO TRUE. Also don't have co-workers on your accounts because I know of a few people that have been disciplined because of things they have posted on FB that other co-workers have reported.

Thats why I say lets go ride and let people take our pictures and put them on facebook..of couirse we will be giving them the finger:laugh:

I believe i read an article were people were being fired over what they posted on social sites, I think the NLRB sent 12 cases to the DOJ and 8 were found to be false discharges, were 4 were found to be with in the law to be discharged. These four cases involved the employee actually talking down someone or pointing out the person by name with some dis agreements or disliking. All the others were cases involving just casual conversations which were deemed OK and the employer had no justification for the discharge. Heres a link to some interesting reading!

Social Media And The NLRB (Part 3): Discipline And Discharge

Back