What a turd member

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
When we moved the forum many of you are living first hand that if your email is not set up in your usercp getting your new password is a pain. Before we moved the site over we put up for at least a week that everyone needed to check and make sure a good email was in place. For those that followed the instructions getting your password was a snap. For those that did not change their email for what ever reason we are working with them one at a time to get passwords reset...

I get frustrated with people sometimes because we have spent hundreds of hours on this move and this is the type response we get back...

Frustrating....

Here is a help ticket from a member here and how he feels about this... Of course I am changing the name and removing the email addy....

When I try to log in, you tell me that the password that you gave me is incorrect. I didnt forget my password in the first place as you have indicated. You screwed it up. You are not worth this hassle.

--- On Sat, 8/23/08, Hayabusa.oRg <help@hayabusa.org> wrote:

Subject: Your new password for Hayabusa.oRg
To: XXXXXXXX@yahoo.com
Date: Saturday, August 23, 2008, 4:58 PM

Dear XXXXXXXX,

As you requested, your password has now been reset. Your new details are as
follows:

Username: XXXXXXX
Password: XXXXXXXX

To change your password, please visit this page:
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/profile.php?do=editpassword

All the best,
Hayabusa.oRg

lemme know if u need me to bash some skulls.......???

Very short-sighted. Sorry you have to endure that, Cap. We're behind you 100%.

Scar

tell them to become a member of "I'm anAZZ.Org". are they a butt-hole baby? not bright enough to come out the right hole?

Maybe they missed the notice about verifying email addy's. I mean it wasn't put at the top of every page for like 2 weeks straight:whistle:

Sorry you have to deal with selectively literate people.

....just curious how it was supposed to work.

Were we supposed to get an automatic email with a new password sent to us when the site was back up? or was our email just for sending the new password after we requested it?
...wondering if I screwed up also somehow..but my email addy was correct.....I checked it when asked.:thumbsup:

Ozzy good to hear from ya... Havent seen you around....

yea, been super busy training for this physical agility test i have coming up for the police department, runnin the bar, workin 40+ hrs at the day job, and life..... btw, im diggin the new board!!

Some people still don't realize all the changes that had to be made to the board. The passwords not being imported just shows you how much more secure they are now.

Were we supposed to get an automatic email with a new password sent to us when the site was back up? or was our email just for sending the new password after we requested it?
...wondering if I screwed up also somehow..but my email addy was correct.....I checked it when asked.:thumbsup:

Just if you requested it Rod, we knew there would but hundreds of people that did not have an updated email addy that is why we pushed to get folks to update it.

Proffessor, thanks for your help with my LOGIN. All is well. The new board ROCKS ! :beerchug: :bowdown: :thumbsup:

Making sure the email was correct in the profile allowed you to request a reset after the board was back up. Everyone had to change their password initially to get back in. In some case we have seen the user's ISP filter the emails from the utility. You remember when your notifications were being filtered. Same deal.

The utility has worked for 95% of the users that have attempted it however!

Back