Military people; where did you put your base stick

defuzer565

Registered
I was just wondering where people put their base stickers. I was looking at the windscreen, cause i'm damn sure not putting it on the painted surfaces. The gate guards get all pissy anymore if they cant see the stickers in plain view.

Mat

This is what I ended up doing. Its aluminum sheet I had. Cut to shape and painted.

<!--EDIT|defuzer565
Reason for Edit: None given...|1093369353 -->

Copy_of_post_decal.jpg

I cut a piece out of a flight crew checklist that fit between the windscreen and the instrument cluster.  I painted it grey to match the bike then placed the stickers on the cutout.  I then used double back tape 3/4inch foam and used it to hold it in place.  I have pictures that I will add later when I get them resized to attach.

Tony

<!--EDIT|LongbowIP
Reason for Edit: None given...|1093232969 -->

DSC00183.JPG

Some put it on the inners.

In Pensacola we have been getting away with attaching the stickers to a magnet and placing it on the left side of the gas tank. When off base you just remove magnet and all good.

Bend over and I'll show you where to stick it...
laugh.gif

OK OK Windscreen on top of a qulity vinyl decal. It'll make removing it 1000X easier.

But Vincent's idea kicks ass...

Screw it! It takes as long to get through the on-post inspection without as it does with. But if you must, I would attach to the left side of the swingarm on a small plate. I will probably have to do something like that when I get back next year.

When I was enlisted I used one of those clear plastic packageing label holders that you get from your local post office and put my pass in it and stuck that to my windscreen made removal quite a bit easier.

I fabricated a plate of thin sheet metal and a bracket and bolted it to the bottom of the fork using an existing caliper bolt (where the reflector used to attach). The plate is the exact size of the stickers so it's pretty unobtrusive.

Thanks for all the ideas. Especially Revlis's...

Here at Redstone they started cracking down big on motorcyclists. Just before I got here in January, you didn’t need a sticker to get on the post. Even if the bike is registered on post, they still want to see that you have been through some form of MSF course.

I have some aluminum sheet and was thinking of making some kind of plate for it to mount.

Daiddu, How could you!! You'll never get that sticker crap off your forks!

I put my base sticker on a piece of sheet metal cut to the actual size of the decal. I then removed the left inner fairing and mounted a few magnets on the bottom side. When I get near the gate, I put the decal on the inner fairing and it stays in place using the black magic of magnetism.
umnik.gif

Once I get through the gate I take it back off.

seemed like a good idea at the time
tounge.gif
Most of the other riders on base have the sticker on their windscreen, I wasn't about to do that. I would think that using some kind of goo remover will get it off some day. I have enough trouble remembering to bring my badge to work, let alone my vehicle sticker. It's aggravating enough to have to turn around at the gate to get my badge from home, I would really be irked to have to drive home to get my schtickers.

dd

Couldn't you use the reflector mounting hardware, and cut a piece of aluminum to match the size?

There are certainly some regulatins as to WHERE you HAVE to have it mounted. I know AF regs were being enfrced not too long ago. Make sure you put it where the want it. The use of magnets I like though. Keep it clean, good idea.

The only thing that is constant at the front gate is how the Reg's are interpreted by the guard at the gate. I had one guard give me smack about my magnet sticker saying that someone could take it off the bike. Told him that I don't leave it on the bike, but he said he would confiscate it next time. Never heard another word from him since then.

Another Busa rider just has the loose portions of his decal in his tankbag. He just unzips the top and let's them look inside at the decal pieces just floating around.
wow.gif
He get's through the gate with no problems.

I don't have one on mine. I just put it on a card and put it in the trunk. I have the chrome windscreen so you can not see throught the screen, and I am not putting it ont he windscreen. Also have the bike lowered 1.25" so I can not put it on the forks. I have never even had a problem. The never usually ask where the stickers are.

I don't have one on mine either. No way I'm going to mess up my baby with those stickers. Haven't had an issue yet, but I'm sure my days are numbered.

Back