Mounting Stickers on Forks

CarGoWOT

Registered
Okay so I have this dilemma on mounting a parking permit for school on my Busa. They say you can mount it on your windscreen or your front left fork. Last year I had a permit on my R6 and when I went to sell it I took the permit off. It left a bunch of sticky residue and a bunch of paper/metallic pieces from the permit itself on my fork. It was a PITA to get it off and I ended up scratching the paint off the fork to remove it all, because it was one of those stickers that will stick once and then flake into thousands of pieces when someone tries to take it off. So I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to mount it on the fork because I dont want to put it on the windscreen cause that is too ugly. I thought about having a plastic piece to go over the fork and I can just place the sticker over the plastic so I have no worries. But I don't know what exactly to look for or where to get it other than trying to rig something from Home Depot.

you could use a mounting plate they have for inspection stickers for harleys...or buy a bottle of "goof off"...it will remove sticker sticky without scratching anything..

the thing with the goof off, is I used it on the r6 but the sticker that is left behind doesnt reveal the sticky stuff but still pieces of the sticker that is hard to scrape off. Also I dont see how you could mount the inspection sticker plate around the fork, pics would help on what exactly you are talking about.

I made a plate for my base stickers using a aluminum plate and my old reflectors. Bolted it to the caliper bolts. I can get you pics later if you like.

take clear shipping tape wrap it around the fork where you are going to mount it then on the back side of the fork fold the tape just a little so you can unwrap the tape. then put the sticker on top of the clear shipping tape you wrapped (go around couple of times)

take clear shipping tape wrap it around the fork where you are going to mount it then on the back side of the fork fold the tape just a little so you can unwrap the tape. then put the sticker on top of the clear shipping tape you wrapped (go around couple of times)

Now that's a good idea. Wish I had thought of that before I stuck a parking permit on my Nomad....D'oh!

Try using Stretch Wrap ( No glue ) wrap it around your fork a couple times, Place the permit ontop of the stretch wrap then wrap it a couple more times, Cut the wrap and just tape the end of the Stretch Wrap.

To remove the glue after you get the stickers off there's nothing better than 3m Adhesive remover. Works great on pine tar and anyhting else that's sticky. Won't hurt the paint and is worth keepin a can around for all type jobs. I keep it in my shop and use it for multiple things including prep before painting. Like was advised the hairdryer should soften the sticker and peel of slowly. Crisjp also has an excellent idea with the tape but still may need something to get the glue off. Good Luck.:thumbsup:

I believe that shipping tape will become a mess (dry out, crack, yellow, peel, etc.) What you need is some clear premium grade vinyl from a sign shop, this will be durable and come off cleanly when removed. Hit up a local small independant sign shop and they will probably just give you a small piece of the clear vinyl or PM me your address along with the dimensions of what you need and I'll just send it to you.

Back