Michigan Armed Protesters

Glad to be in America. This is why these guys protesting. Everyones argument i can mostly agree with. But the message I see when these guys protesting is we have rights and you can’t take them away. The second amendment protects all our freedoms.

Glad to be in America. This is why these guys protesting. Everyones argument i can mostly agree with. But the message I see when these guys protesting is we have rights and you can’t take them away. The second amendment protects all our freedoms.
Interesting point of view to talk about "freedom" while the world is caged in at home because of a "virus"and the government says so...(nothing against you personally)!

Please don't get your opinion and feelings confused with a constitutional right. No one ever said there was a need... There isn't a need to wear shorts at the beach but its a constitutional right to choose the clothes we wear right. You could go and lay out in the sun in a 3 piece suit and would probably not be what you or I would choose to wear but that doesn't mean that its wrong. It is legal to carry in public buildings in Michigan!

To have a constitutional right isn't an obligatory requirement either. These jokers have the constitutional right to bear arms but when and where is a common sense issue.

I carried a weapon most of my adult life to far away places but thankfully I only had to use it on few occasions...I hesitate to think of a scenario out of uniform and at home where I would have to use an assault rifle or even a hand gun for that matter...

How many people who carry hand guns non-professionally on this forum have had to use them in defense of themselves or others I wonder?

To attend a supposed "peaceful" protest armed to the teeth and wearing tactical vests is projecting intimidation towards others much like I've seen in failed states...they might have been standing there looking at peace but the propensity for violence is very capable.

I know and I agree. But nothing happens...no matter with how many weapons they will show up with!
Agreed. Wouldn’t see me hanging out with these guys.... I do think with all the government overreach I think it needs reminded.

You watch that video you posted. They used fear to justify what they did. I’m sure it banned every fully semiautomatic made. The one last talks about farmers not using these weapons. I grew up about as small town as it gets and I’m not sure I know someone that’s doesn’t own a ruger 10-22.

I'm not suggesting they shouldn't protest. I'm not saying they shouldn't bear arms. I'm just suggesting that it's not a good idea to exercise both of those rights at the same time. Unnecessary and foolish. They're accomplishing precisely nothing more than what would have been accomplished if they weren't carrying. I'm sure the argument could be made that the police didn't intervene because they were armed, but that means the police are afraid, and I doubt that.

To have a constitutional right isn't an obligatory requirement either. These jokers have the constitutional right to bear arms but when and where is a common sense issue.

I carried a weapon most of my adult life to far away places but thankfully I only had to use it on few occasions...I hesitate to think of a scenario out of uniform and at home where I would have to use an assault rifle or even a hand gun for that matter...

How many people who carry hand guns non-professionally on this forum have had to use them in defense of themselves or others I wonder?

To attend a supposed "peaceful" protest armed to the teeth and wearing tactical vests is projecting intimidation towards others much like I've seen in failed states...they might have been standing there looking at peace but the propensity for violence is very capable.
It stayed peaceful could it be because they were armed?

It stayed peaceful could it be because they were armed?
Maybe, people who weren't armed were too intimidated perhaps, or maybe people agreed with their stance...I wonder how it would have played out if they were protesting something less popular and were so armed...??

Guns have no place at any protest by either side in my opinion.

It wasn't just in MI. It was recently too. Not sure if open carry was legal there but if so they weren't breaking the law either. Unless in government buildings. But should not be at voting places.

View attachment 1618089

View attachment 1618090
This was not the same as that. Im not sure if you were comparing the two as if it is.

As of today....

First time I agree with this guy!

Our gun laws were already restrictive enough to mitigate the banning of such weapons. People I know who own them only take them to the range and are pretty responsible keeping them locked up. As we are already unable to own high capacity magazines, the fun has been sucked out of owning them anyway...

Another knee-jerk reaction by our government.

Maybe, people who weren't armed were too intimidated perhaps, or maybe people agreed with their stance...I wonder how it would have played out if they were protesting something less popular and were so armed...??

Guns have no place at any protest by either side in my opinion.
I can agree with you. This is a different protest the other side isn’t going to come gather in groups to support not mass gatherings. Lol
We have all seen that on tv. Cops with shields and tear gas. And protesters with burning buildings and bricks.
To much fear with guns. These guys prob same as us if we all met up. Looking over each other’s bikes talking about the mods and performance. Just insert guns vs bikes

So yes and no. I totally concur that things have gotten dicey for biasing by cops. But it's a stretch to say these are the same things. While I don't support the stance they take arming themselves, they are probably as peaceful as the members of this organized group. Any of these arrested?
View attachment 1618103
Again not the same. I dont see these men going into federal buildings yelling and screaming in state troopers faces whole holding a gun in their hand. I dare to say that if these men did that someone would have been arrested, tazed, sprayed and likely shot. You don't have to agree but too much history and data to support my opinion.

I can agree with you. This is a different protest the other side isn’t going to come gather in groups to support not mass gatherings. Lol
We have all seen that on tv. Cops with shields and tear gas. And protesters with burning buildings and bricks.
To much fear with guns. These guys prob same as us if we all met up. Looking over each other’s bikes talking about the mods and performance. Just insert guns vs bikes
Had to participate in a few anti-protest patrols, our weapons were back in camp locked up, we had our body armor and helmets and that was it...

The protest was quelled eventually and the leader of the protestors actually thanked us for not coming out as an armed presence.

Unfortunately race is already involved. We live in a place and time where a black man in his car during a traffic stop is considered a significant enough threat to be killed because an officer thought he was reaching for a weapon, but these guys are not considered one?
. What does that have to do with a protest (armed) , over the virus? I don’t see the connection, and only muddies the water over the problem at hand.

Back