Me starring in an angry video about pro-bolts

Alright Ken, I checked and here's what I had - 8 extra body bolts and I did have 2 of those mongo bolts....but like you I had zero idea of what the heck they were to be used for. Some of the body bolts are threaded larger for the main body bolt that holds the side fairing to the frame, the rest including the front fender were all the same size and I can confirm after looking at the remaining bolts I have that I received zero of those little buggers you had a plethora of. Someone at the packing facility mislabeled a package or two is my guess, and you're one of the unlucky recipients of said mislabeled package. :whistle: I did get a bolt kit from another character - can't remember his name but his junk was just that! I didn't get a single bolt that matched the size I needed (every last one of them slipped right through the threads on the Busa, they looked like toy bolts or something. The bolts were literally just regular steel allen heads painted on the head. They were promptly returned needless to say, as they were advertised as powdercoated, not painted.....not to mention the fact that not a single one of them would fit my bike. :laugh:

Thank you! It was kind of you to take the time to check what was in your kit.

cheers
ken

P.S. plethora, great word eh? http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?search=plethora&searchmode=none http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=poly-

Last edited:
KML sorry to hear that.
I just got some from them and all was perfect. A little slow on the shipping but all were what I ordered.
Cant comment on yours but it may be a simple mistake.

May I ask why you went to the UK for those and did not use the USA office ?
Call the number and guy listed below. He is in Cali so 3hrs behind east coast.
One of the nicest people I have ever not met ! He should be ale help you.

David Cork
Pro-Bolt USA
sales@probolt-usa.com
Home - Pro-Bolt USA Hardware - Titanium, Stainless Steel, Aluminum Fasteners for Metric Motorcycles & Harley-Davidson
1-888-251-1644
530-587-2058

They don't ship from the US to Canada.

So I don't think David cork can help me.

cheers
ken

pro bolt.jpg

Its obviously a wrong set.Not suitable or meant to be for a Hayabusa.I hoped pro bolt have good customer service.We have a dealer here too with pro bolt.

KML there are two diff websites which I am sure you know.
Why they will not ship to Canada from here is beyond me.
May seem like an extra step but if you like you can order and have them
shipped to my office and then I will mail them to you from here.
Seriously you can trust me and whatever you order will get to you.
Up to you.

Also I just wanna say without offending anyone , you guys are rough .
Statements like 'i will never buy from them' are a bit harsh aren't they .
Humans did process his order right ? Mistakes happen.
Need to give the folks time to remedy things before you crucify him , no ?
Sure if they continue to not do the right thing then I will join you but at least
let them have a chance to fix things for KML

It will be interesting to see what their reaction is. I would hope they can make it right. Maybe a bonus product.:please:

Your assuming they sent something they didn't mean too...

I ordered the full fairing kit a few years ago...can't say exactly what they sent
but that's pretty much it. Your assuming they made a mistake (and they might
have to some degree) but they expect you to use the smaller bolts with washers...
I don't why they don't send you exactly the same thing your taking out,
probably money...but they don't.

I used some of the bolts and ordered some more stockers from Mr. Cycles
and got a can of Krylon...Course I was only doing gloss black, not red anodized

I did buy my own powdercoater though...it's got red anodized

My son bought a bolt kit (somebody else brand) off e-bay and it was the same
thing...some bolts worked some didn't.

My guess is they have a limited number standard kits that will "work" for several bikes.
I don't know though...good luck.

Last edited:
Your assuming they sent something they didn't mean too...

I ordered the full fairing kit a few years ago...can't say exactly what they sent
but that's pretty much it. Your assuming they made a mistake (and they might
have to some degree) but they expect you to use the smaller bolts with washers...
I don't why they don't send you exactly the same thing your taking out,
probably money.
..but they don't.

I used some of the bolts and ordered some more stockers from Mr. Cycles
and got a can of Krylon...Course I was only doing gloss black, not red anodized

I did buy my own powdercoater though...it's got red anodized

My son bought a bolt kit (somebody else brand) off e-bay and it was the same
thing...some bolts worked some didn't.

My guess is they have a limited number standard kits that will "work" for several bikes.
I don't know though...good luck.

Their web site yacks about the superior quality of their products, so if i'm gonna pay 53 dollars for a handfull of aluminium bolts in a kit specifically for my motorcycle, I expect all the bolts to fit.

If I wanted a bunch of random bolts that didn't fit my bike I could buy them by the pound at the bulk bin at my local hardware store.

For that matter I could stick the fairing on the bike for free with a can of JB weld and some roofing nails I have in the garage.

:whistle::laugh::laugh:

:beerchug:

cheers
ken

When you finally get the bolt thing straightened out (and you will to your satisfaction) I'd like to talk to you about a trip I am wanting to take to Nova Scotia but wanted to know what are the better months, attractions etc. Wardie

If a pic is worth a thousand words, a video on Youtube is worth....millions :rofl:

I find myself watching his video just for entertainment.
No offense to KML and his frustration but the narration is excellent.

"Washers...washers......what am I gonna do with those...?"
"you got it now...(pan left) I need these......(pan right) not these...OK...YOU GOT IT PROBOLT !"

KML as a wise man once said "I feel your pain"
My luck is sometimes very similar.

Their web site yacks about the superior quality of their products, so if i'm gonna pay 53 dollars for a handfull of aluminium bolts in a kit specifically for my motorcycle, I expect all the bolts to fit.

If I wanted a bunch of random bolts that didn't fit my bike I could buy them by the pound at the bulk bin at my local hardware store.

For that matter I could stick the fairing on the bike for free with a can of JB weld and some roofing nails I have in the garage.

:whistle::laugh::laugh:

:beerchug:

cheers
ken

I know what your saying and I agree with you but...what you and I think...
don't make it so.

What they gave me wasn't up to my specification either...that's why I bought
regular stock bolts and a powder coating kit and took matters into my own hands.

Last edited:
After watching the Video 3 times, Yep found it that entertaining I got to thinking, Are you sure they didnt give you the washers to increase the head size of the Fairing bolts that they sent you a gazillion of. ( Not that I would use them ) just wondering if thats there thoughts

After watching the Video 3 times, Yep found it that entertaining I got to thinking, Are you sure they didnt give you the washers to increase the head size of the Fairing bolts that they sent you a gazillion of. ( Not that I would use them ) just wondering if thats there thoughts

That's what I am saying...they probably wont say any mistake has been made,
what they sent you will..."work".

I know what your saying and I agree with you but...what you and I think...
don't make it so.

What they gave me wasn't up to my specification either...that's why I bought
regular stock bolts and a powder coating kit and took matters into my own hands.

Here's a pic from the probolt web site showing a gen 1 Hayabusa with the proper sized bolts.

The kit they sent me does not include enough bolts to duplicate with the proper sized bolts what is shown on their web site.

Webshots.com Links Do Not Work

Product Image Gallery - Tasty Nuts

Sounds like they shipped you the wrong selection of bolts too.

cheers
ken

That's what I am saying...they probably wont say any mistake has been made,
what they sent you will..."work".

Will "work"

And if you push hard enough you can get a Square peg through a round hole, But it looks like crap when your done.

Get-em, And make sure we know the outcome.

KML, I know its not funny to you, but that video is Ha Freaking larious. I hope that get's their attention. If they have any idea of customer service, they will make it right. Good luck, you have got to keep us posted.

Here's a pic from the probolt web site showing a gen 1 Hayabusa with the proper sized bolts.

The kit they sent me does not include enough bolts to duplicate with the proper sized bolts what is shown on their web site.

Webshots.com Links Do Not Work

Product Image Gallery - Tasty Nuts

Sounds like they shipped you the wrong selection of bolts too.

cheers
ken

Bases on that picture I'd say you may be right.

KML, I know its not funny to you, but that video is Ha Freaking larious. I hope that get's their attention. If they have any idea of customer service, they will make it right. Good luck, you have got to keep us posted.

In the grand scheme of things it is kinda funny. :laugh:
No one has lost an eye, I haven't been Madoffed out of my life savings.
Hopefully it's a mistake in their shipping dept. not a, "yep, we sent you the correct kit, like it or lump it policy on their part.

As to the video getting their attention, it's like the old joke; A farmer walks up to a mule and hits it in the head with a 2x4. The farm hand said to the farmer "Why did you hit the mule in the head with a 2x4?" "Well, says the farmer, if you want a mule to do something first you have to get it's attention."

:laugh:

cheers
ken

Back