Me starring in an angry video about pro-bolts

kml

Donating Member
Registered

Let's see if I get my money back. :whistle: :laugh:

cheers
ken

Last edited by a moderator:
You would think that for 53usd$ they woud get it right.

cheers
ken

Just makes me wanna go out and find a better supplier! Does anyone know of a reputable dealer that could supply a complete bolt kit for a 'Busa? Good luck on getting your money back.

Not sure how a bolt company could screw that up. Seems pretty straight forward. ???

Ya got me...
I contacted them through their website and sent them the youtube link and the link to this thread.

We'll see what they do.

cheers
ken

KML sorry to hear that.
I just got some from them and all was perfect. A little slow on the shipping but all were what I ordered.
Cant comment on yours but it may be a simple mistake.

May I ask why you went to the UK for those and did not use the USA office ?
Call the number and guy listed below. He is in Cali so 3hrs behind east coast.
One of the nicest people I have ever not met ! He should be ale help you.

David Cork
Pro-Bolt USA
sales@probolt-usa.com
Home - Pro-Bolt USA Hardware - Titanium, Stainless Steel, Aluminum Fasteners for Metric Motorcycles & Harley-Davidson
1-888-251-1644
530-587-2058

Giant red ones might have been for the gas tank?

Do any of them even have flat shoulders like the stock fasteners?

KML sorry to hear that.
I just got some from them and all was perfect. A little slow on the shipping but all were what I ordered.
Cant comment on yours but it may be a simple mistake.

May I ask why you went to the UK for those and did not use the USA office ?
Call the number and guy listed below. He is in Cali so 3hrs behind east coast.
One of the nicest people I have ever not met ! He should be ale help you.

David Cork
Pro-Bolt USA
sales@probolt-usa.com
Home - Pro-Bolt USA Hardware - Titanium, Stainless Steel, Aluminum Fasteners for Metric Motorcycles & Harley-Davidson
1-888-251-1644
530-587-2058

I just ordered off the website. What's the difference to me, USA or UK? I'm in Canada. If I don't get satisfaction from the people in england I'll try David Cork. Thanks for the link and info!

:thumbsup:

cheers
ken

Giant red ones might have been for the gas tank?

Do any of them even have flat shoulders like the stock fasteners?

No flat shoulders.

Maybe they were for the gas tank, although it made no mention of that in their literature or website. The kit was specifically for the fairing bolts.

cheers
ken

Ken that's definitely the wrong kit. Those small ones....beats me what they're for but they're not a Busa. My kit had none of those small ones and probably 8 extra of the body bolts. Didn't have the 2 huge bolts in it either. Maybe they got a GSXR kit messed up with a Busa bolt kit? ???

Ken that's definitely the wrong kit. Those small ones....beats me what they're for but they're not a Busa. My kit had none of those small ones and probably 8 extra of the body bolts. Didn't have the 2 huge bolts in it either. Maybe they got a GSXR kit messed up with a Busa bolt kit? ???

Thanks!, that's good to know the mistake is on their end!

cheers
ken

I watched and then burst out loud at the washers. :rofl:
WTF?
I then did it again right at the end when the 4 letter word was erased. :rofl:
Great video dude! :thumbsup:
Now they can't claim they don't understand (even though English is their first language?).
Hope it turns out OK and thanks for the chuckles.
(Hey direct them to this thread to see our response. I will NEVER EVER buy from them)

Thanks!, that's good to know the mistake is on their end!

cheers
ken

I'll check my kit but I know I have several extra bolts besides the body bolts still left in the original package. I replaced EVERY bolt except for the 4 belly wing bolts. Perhaps there were additional ones they found and thought I might replace but I couldn't find them for the life of me (but it wasn't 30 like you had!). I searched down every bolt visible to the eye from the top or side of the bike from the front fender to the rear. One thing I can warn of, be careful not to cross thread as they do this easily since they're aluminum. I only had one do that but there were extras so I just tossed it and started over.

Alright Ken, I checked and here's what I had - 8 extra body bolts and I did have 2 of those mongo bolts....but like you I had zero idea of what the heck they were to be used for. Some of the body bolts are threaded larger for the main body bolt that holds the side fairing to the frame, the rest including the front fender were all the same size and I can confirm after looking at the remaining bolts I have that I received zero of those little buggers you had a plethora of. Someone at the packing facility mislabeled a package or two is my guess, and you're one of the unlucky recipients of said mislabeled package. :whistle: I did get a bolt kit from another character - can't remember his name but his junk was just that! I didn't get a single bolt that matched the size I needed (every last one of them slipped right through the threads on the Busa, they looked like toy bolts or something. The bolts were literally just regular steel allen heads painted on the head. They were promptly returned needless to say, as they were advertised as powdercoated, not painted.....not to mention the fact that not a single one of them would fit my bike. :laugh:

That is unexcusable! Hard to believe anyone could do such a crappy job!

Back