Me starring in an angry video about pro-bolts

:rofl: you said (very poor tasty nuts) :rulez: they look like bolts to me...where did you get nuts?

I agree with you. Neither their USA site or UK site makes any mention of washers.
Both make it seem like rocket scientists have created perfection.
Both sites mention perfectly created matching oem kits.

RE: Pro-Bolt‏From: kenmaclean666@hotmail.com
Sent: February 8, 2010 6:42:58 PM
To: louisa.harker@pro-bolt.com

Ms. Harker,

"There really is no need to threaten."
Let me be perfectly clear, at no point in that video did I threaten with physical or legal action against you, Pro-Bolt, or any of your employees.
I pointed out deficiencies, using a tone of voice you didn't care for, in your product, deficiencies that in your e-mail you admit was Pro-Bolt was a fault.

"If you wish to return the whole kit for a refund – of course you can do so"
I have mailed the complete kit back to Pro-Bolt and, upon your receiving the returned product I will be expecting a full refund.

If I was to go to my local motorcycle dealership and ordered correct parts to fit my motorcycle and the dealers supplier sent the wrong parts, I would not be charged with shipping the parts to the dealer or their subsequent return to the supplier. Therefore I refuse to be penalized for Pro-Bolts error by being charged for shipping.

As you have admitted you were at fault and since you claim "we pride ourselves of our product, service and customer support. If occasionally things do wrong, we will always do what it takes to put it right", I expect you will refund all shipping charges. I will not consider the matter to be resolved until you do so.

Prior to you, if you search the internet on Pro-Bolt complaints – you won’t find any,
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
May I direct you attention to a Gentleman's post on Hayabusa,org

I will quote him here;
" " Your assuming they sent something they didn't mean too...

I ordered the full fairing kit a few years ago...can't say exactly what they sent
but that's pretty much it. Your assuming they made a mistake (and they might
have to some degree) but they expect you to use the smaller bolts with washers...
I don't why they don't send you exactly the same thing your taking out,
probably money...but they don't.

I used some of the bolts and ordered some more stockers from Mr. Cycles
and got a can of Krylon...Course I was only doing gloss black, not red anodized

I did buy my own powdercoater though...it's got red anodized

My son bought a bolt kit (somebody else brand) off e-bay and it was the same
thing...some bolts worked some didn't.

My guess is they have a limited number standard kits that will "work" for several bikes.
I don't know though...good luck.""

If you do pride yourselves in product, service and customer support may I suggest you contact Justyntym and correct your error to his satisfaction.

Here is a link to the Justyntym's post.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...ngry-video-about-pro-bolts-2.html#post2313244

Hopefully Justyntym will post that you have contacted him and have resolved the matter to his satisfaction.

"Perhaps you would like to post our customer service in fixing any mistakes to the relevant forums."
I have posted your e-mail and my reply in the relevant motorcycle forums, and you have my word that when the issue is resolved to my satisfaction I will post that information in the relevant forms as well.

Good day
Ms. Harker

To: kenmaclean666@hotmail.com
Subject: Pro-Bolt
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 13:30:35 +0000

Dear Mr Maclean,

Thankyou for your e-mail.

I hope you don’t mind me saying, but you have an unusual way to go about reporting a problem. We pride ourselves of our product, service and customer support. If occasionally things do wrong, we will always do what it takes to put it right.

I think I can see what mistake has happened with the packing of our fairing bolt kit. The kit contents should comprise the following bolts:

Qty Thread Diameter Length Head Diameter

8 M6 20mm 16mm

17 M5 16mm 16mm

2 M6 40mm 16mm

6 M6 16 16mm

I think the line above in Red has been packed with a 12mm head.

With regards to your question about the 40mm length bolts, our listings show these as being required in the Seat Unit, along with the other 2 bolts you showed as spare in your video.

So – we have 2 choices:

If you wish to return the whole kit for a refund – of course you can do so.

If you would like us to post direct to you the correct bolts above in red, we can do this – so you can complete you kit. You can keep the incorrect bolts to use in any non-stress areas – number plate etc.

Please advise what you would like us to do.

I apologise for the error made, but will say In 10 years of running this business I have never had a customer complain in so many places before giving us the chance to correct the error. Perhaps you would like to post our customer service in fixing any mistakes to the relevant forums. something I was very proud of.

Yours sincerely,

Louisa Harker

Director

Pro-Bolt Ltd

Tel: 0044 1684 851940

Fax: 0044 1684 850080

Home - Pro-Bolt - Titanium, Stainless Steel, Aluminium Fasteners & Motorcycle Accessories

Last edited:
The original e-mail read "I hope you don’t mind me saying, but you have an unusual way to go about reporting a problem. We pride ourselves of our product, service and customer support. If occasionally things do wrong, we will always do what it takes to put it right. There really is no need to threaten."

In may last post during cutting and pasting I omitted "There really is no need to threaten." for the post and was unable to edit it in time.

cheers
ken

You use a flat washer and sleeve for each bolt. How is this complicated? The two long ones are obviously for the tank. You will not find an OEM grade colored bolt kit for a sportbike.

You use a flat washer and sleeve for each bolt. How is this complicated? The two long ones are obviously for the tank. You will not find an OEM grade colored bolt kit for a sportbike.

read the above e-mail.

You will not find an OEM grade colored bolt kit for a sportbike.
http://www.oppracing.com/show_product/2123-lightech-nut-bolt-kit-suzuki-hayabusa-1999-2007-fairing/

Lightech bolts appear to have shoulders on them.
image.php

cheers
ken

Last edited:
Hi there,

Just wanted to chime in here with my bit.
We were contacted by the OP regarding our bolts kits from LighTech.

As I mentioned to the OP in our email conversation that our kits come with everything listed in our application chart. (dependent on what kit you order)

http://www.oppracing.com/images/cmsuploads/LighTech/Nut_&_Bolt_Kits/Suzuki/KSH.pdf

I felt that there was a need to post this as there seems to be an issue/confusion on what was included in the ProBolt kit. I hope that everything gets resolved for you with them and if you choose to purchase the bolt kit from us we look forward to doing business with you.

Best Regards,
Tim

PS if this is considered an advertisement or such I do apologize. I just felt a need to add my part to the thread as the OP linked this thread directly in the email he had sent me.

As Pro-Bolt will refund the cost of the kit and cover the shipping costs I now consider the matter resolved and have deleted the video from You Tube.

I'm sure Pro-Bolts considers me the largest azz* on the internet but kudos to them for doing the right thing.

I hope they step up to the plate with good customer service and contact Justyntym.

:laugh:

cheers
ken

*I really don't care what folks think about me so long as I get my money back. :laugh:

Last edited:
well, by the time I saw this post the video was already gone and the dissatisfaction resolved. I was a bit shocked by the whole thread. I've ordered bolts from Pro-bolt for years now. Both directly from the UK and more recently from the USA. I've always been satisfied with their products. Granted I've never purchased a "kit" but all of the packs and individual bolts have been exactly what i ordered.

I'm glad they corrected the error to your satisfaction. :beerchug: I would suggest next time to start with contacting a company directly first to give them an opportunity to correct things. If you're left unsatisfied, then it seems more appropriate to escalate the issue how you deem necessary. just food for thought... :beerchug:

Yes suffice it to say Pro-Bolt has your pic on their wall with a quote 'watch out for this guy' :laugh:

Happy you went with the Lite-Tech bolts.
As I said they seemed to be a little better quality but were more expensive.
Also I could not get from OP or anyone whether or not they made GenII stuff.

Seat bolts ?
I thought you ordered a fairing kit ?

Happy you are in the Happy.
Hopefully the Lite-tech bolts will be what your looking for....:thumbsup::beerchug:

"I hope you don’t mind me saying, but you have an unusual way to go about reporting a problem." :rofl:

Stand on the street corner and yell why dont you ?
If they dont like it they can make sure it doesnt happen again..

Back