maybe someone here can help

I reconnected it. No change I'mgoing to hook the pc back up to see if that will make a change. Do you think something could of happened with the ECM mapping.

what about maybe the camshaft sensor. looking at the plugs closer tha shaft is a little glossier on 2 and 3. What if i installed colder plugs.

I took it to salina power sports in Salina Kansas. They had it for two weeks and told me it was the pc. They are a autherized suzuki dealer and suppost to be a really good shop. Noone seems to have a answer. And noone has seen it before. I have been working on bikes for several years and this is the first time I had to take my bike to a shop and wasn't impressed. But i would really like to thank the guys that have been trying to help me out.

Last edited:
That sounds crazy and misfortunate for you. When I first got my 08 everytime I rode the exhaust got so hot that my legs would be solid red around my hamstrings. I went to the shop they said "oh its summer time" Needless to say I got mad at that. I rode the bike in 80 degree weather and it did the samething it was very painfull and uncomfortable. I didnt look to see if the headers were red. Once I replaced the stock exhaust it went away. So to me that was the problem.

Good luck:thumbsup:

That may be something I try. If it works the bikes going to gone. I wouldn't sell it the way it sets. I think thats what happened to me. I got a lemon and he knew there was a problem. I have always owned Kawi's and always wanted a busa. But may have to try the 14 out. I want a bike I can take to Texas for the LSR event. May just take my ZX12R.

Last edited:
not being a wise a$$ but did you try taking it back to the dealer who sold you the bike it could well be a lemon maybe there is something they could do for you due to low milage

I got it from a private seller wise I did maybe i could maybe take it back. The guy said his wife didn't like it so he had to sell it. And I was excited about finally getting my Busa and didn't check it over as good as I sould of. And being a 2008 with 1500 miles. Had big plans for it to. But may have to go back to all Kawi.

I would take the bike back to the seller and get your money back and let him take it back to the dealer and deal with it i have a white 09 and the the bike....

That sounds crazy and misfortunate for you. When I first got my 08 everytime I rode the exhaust got so hot that my legs would be solid red around my hamstrings. I went to the shop they said "oh its summer time" Needless to say I got mad at that. I rode the bike in 80 degree weather and it did the samething it was very painfull and uncomfortable. I didnt look to see if the headers were red. Once I replaced the stock exhaust it went away. So to me that was the problem.

Good luck:thumbsup:

That's because the catalytic convertor is right between the footpegs, and yeah, it'll cook your feet and shins in the summer. That's why the full exhaust fixed your problem.:laugh:

That may be something I try. If it works the bikes going to gone. I wouldn't sell it the way it sets. I think thats what happened to me. I got a lemon and he knew there was a problem. I have always owned Kawi's and always wanted a busa. But may have to try the 14 out. I want a bike I can take to Texas for the LSR event. May just take my ZX12R.

Busa's reputation is rock solid, and let's hope you didn't get one somebody screwed up and passed along. I'm a Kawasaki fan too, great bikes, but I wouldn't trade the Busa.
It's understandable that this would leave a bad taste in your mouth, but hang on a little longer and see if you can find out a little more info. Lets hope it's one of those simple, stupid, staring u in the face problems(been there, I know how frustrated you are)
As for the dealer, that's probably a dead end. Factory warranty is one year only. An extended warranty is only avaible to buy within the 1st year by the original owner, it is transferable once, but I'de think the seller would have told you if he had one.
Your probably gonna have to fix it regardless to get out from under it without taking to big a loss on a sale. Again, hopefully, it will be free/cheap and easy, and you'll get a chance to see that the Busa really is a great bike.
Pm Smithabusa I'll bet he knows exactly what it is. Let us know how it turns out, and good luck.

Back