LP Frame Sliders

Krieg

Donating Member
Registered
OK so I am finally getting into the idea of installing frame sliders on my 03. I like the looks of the LP Carbon Fiber ones and had a couple questions. I checked parts 411 and see a frame slider "kit" for a hayabusa. In the details there is a photo of a slider but it is shown near the rear wheel. Is this the right kit? Is there a slider up front and one in the rear? Can I use my spools with the rear slider in place? Thanks for your help.

Krieg: I have the LP sliders up front. I don't have the swingarm sliders but I think you have to remove them to put your spools on so you can get it up on the stand.

So does the "kit" include both front and rear? I don't see the front ones on parts 411 unless they are in the kit. Where did you get yours and exactly what did you order?

I got mine at parts411. Because I'm a pack-rat and keep everything, I just looked up my order. The item number was 428-5007-LP; they're the CF ones for the 99-03 (probably fit 04 and 05 too) . The picture then, and it appears now, is incorrect... they do show the swingarm sliders but that part number is actually the frame slider.. call to confirm if you want. the price is exactly the same as what I paid in January of '04.

I got mine at parts411.  Because I'm a pack-rat and keep everything, I just looked up my order.  The item number was                 428-5007-LP; they're the CF ones for the 99-03 (probably fit 04 and 05 too) .  The picture then, and it appears now, is incorrect... they do show the swingarm sliders but that part number is actually the frame slider.. call to confirm if you want.  the price is exactly the same as what I paid in January of '04.
Thanks for the help bro.

I could be wrong but I beleive the swing arm slider is a spool too.
rock.gif

The frame sliders and the swingarm sliders are seperate items. They don't come in a complete "kit".

The swingarm sliders ARE spools as well. The look fuggin' great with the frame sliders! I wish they made bar ends to match...

BTW, I cut the right frame slider "post" off with a hacksaw so both the frame sliders stick out about the same distance. Otherwise they look completely goofy! YMMV

Like Scooter said, the frame and swingarm sliders are separate items with separate item numbers from any vendor. Remember, the sliders (frame and swingarm) come with a standard silver-ish face button. You can get face buttons of different colors if you like.

Back