Frame slider recommendations

Blue1

Registered
OK, chime in, what's the hot tip in frame sliders?

I have no use for glow in the dark, lighted or other bling-like sliders, I am looking for functional (hope I never need 'em), classy, subtle and easy to install sliders.

Also, I am told that all of them require fairing modifications, is that true? I am told it is just an enlargement of one of the screw holes.

Blue1

(Blue1 @ Aug. 24 2007,11:36) OK, chime in, what's the hot tip in frame sliders?

I have no use for glow in the dark, lighted or other bling-like sliders, I am looking for functional (hope I never need 'em), classy, subtle and easy to install sliders.

Also, I am told that all of them require fairing modifications, is that true?  I am told it is just an enlargement of one of the screw holes.

Blue1
DO NOT ENLARGE ANY SCREW HOLES!!! That is the WRONG WAY of doing it. Frame sliders done right means cutting holes in the plastic and you replace the engine mount bolts with longer ones that also hold your slider. I recommend Vortex sliders... Board sponsors should be able to hook you up with this brand of sliders at a good price. I got mine from Josh at Ryders Connection. Vortex sliders are two parts... metal base that bolts to your frame where the engine mount bolt goes and then the delrin slider that bolts to the metal base. Good to have 2 parts cause if you ever use the slider in a tip over or what ever, you just replace the delrin slider.

IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_0525.jpg

Just an idea, if you pull the panels off, back out the engine mount bolt .75" or so, put the panels back on, the bolt head will leave an dent in the foam on the panels, or place tape on the inside of the panel to indicate a loaction, the open up the hole to fit the sliders. Keep in mind that the panel curves down and the holes aren't really a circle, just take your time, at the end file the panel smooth.

One thing I found hard to believe, but have seen here, some people use the wrong location.

What is the common length for frame sliders? What about these on Flea bay - <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/5-SUZUKI-GSX1300R-Frame-Sliders-Savers-Hayabusa-Busa_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ10066QQihZ
018QQitemZ280149734969" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....9734969</a>
any pros / cons?

TIA

I got the "no cut" sliders from Street 'N Track. I just couldn't bring myself to cut the holes. Now--I've got an '08 on order and I'm wondering if the no cuts from my '06 will fit the '08?

(Vtakt67 @ Sep. 25 2007,00:39) I have LDL's on my bike, love em
Are the LDL's a "no-cut" design?

It doesn't make sense to me to cut the plastic to potentially save it from a tip over. So I like the Bike Design no-cut sliders, but $212 to me is kinda high.

I think I can fab these myself for half that, but would like to explorer other options first.

Does anyone else offer no-cut sliders? Maybe Bike Design can move on that pricing a little?

Thanks,
Blue1

Back