Lowering the Busa

I still have my stock stand...makes for fun times when parking anywhere NOT FLAT!

That's the cheapest alternative...or you can cut and re-weld your stock stand (that's what we are going to do one of these days)...

Haze, and Michelle.......yer bikes look sweet.
I was able to just do the kickstand notch mod, then had it chromed.....can't even tell it was modded less ya look real close.
VA's right though for sure.......sucks to park on unlevel ground.

I was able to just do the kickstand notch mod, then had it chromed.....can't even tell it was modded less ya look real close.
Ummmm...MSF...DUDE...you have one of the sweetest Busas I've ever seen!  I stand humbled in your presence...
bowdown.gif

biggrin.gif
 But, thanks...

Oh, yeah, I forgot about notching it...that's another good one MSF...

Here's mine! It's SLAMMED!!! I just put a new set of links on that my buddy makes, they are six way adjustable. I'll take a pic and post them.

DSC00820.JPG

Hey guys, sorry I have not had time to respond but here are a few answers from above quesstions

Why 3/4" front and 2" rear?
Well basically because the guy who convinced me to do it said he had been through every combination possible and that was the best all around setup... and I believe him.

Where did you get your parts
I got all my parts from Brock, the dog bones are
Position #1 - Stock
Position #2 - 2" Lower
Position #3 - Slammed

The triple tree goes to 3/4" max

Brock Davidson

And I forgot to mention about backing up. The fact I can now walk this beast backward (EVEN UP INCLINES) is spectacular! Shorter riders take note, this makes a world of difference. Like I said before I have some scary strong legs, but without foot hold there was no way the busa could really ever go backward without a huge struggle, and if there was an incline... NO WAY.
You flat footed guys have no idea how frustrating this can be, always having to park the bus on a completely flat surface or look for a decline so gravity could help the reverse process, and of course literally getting stuck in a parking spot (holy red face!). I mean here I am riding the most bad ass bike around and I am stuck in a parking spot  
down.gif
,looks pretty pathetic.

Oh ya one more thing I have kept the stock kick stand so far, I had planned on doing the shave mod or getting an adjustable but it seems to sit just fine.

ALL i want to know is with the middle hole used and 3/4 inches thru triple tree. WIth a passenger does the bottom of bike hit on bumps and can i still pull up the front wheel if i want to.

Ummmm...MSF...DUDE...you have one of the sweetest Busas I've ever seen!  I stand humbled in your presence...
bowdown.gif

biggrin.gif
 But, thanks...

Thanks very much Michelle....means alot girl.
Hey....can I get a pic of yer plate mount please......looks awesome down there......I likey!!!!
thumbs-up.gif

ALL i want to know is with the middle hole used and 3/4 inches thru triple tree.  WIth a passenger does the bottom of bike hit on bumps and can i still pull up the front wheel if i want to.
You have to be very careful on big speed bumps....say 3" high or more......don't ask how I know
biggrin.gif

And the problem is slightly amplified by a passenger....depending on your combined weight of course.
Mines down 1.5 up front though.
Just be careful and figure out early what you can get away with as far as bumps go.
Oh yeah......wheelies awesome still!!

Well You guys made my decision final. I just ordered my custom billet kanji triple clamp cover from myrtle west cycles, already had the bde lowering links and i ordered the billet adjustable kickstand. She will be lowered this weekend. Also bought a new set of pirelli diablos cuz i got a flat tire. But i plugged it so i can run it on the dyno this weekend!!
biggrin.gif

bowdown.gif

biggrin.gif
 But, thanks...

Thanks very much Michelle....means alot girl.
Hey....can I get a pic of yer plate mount please......looks awesome down there......I likey!!!!
thumbs-up.gif
I'll take some without the plate...I wished I'd taken some before we mounted the damn thing, but I was waiting to go ride and, well, you know...
smile.gif

Here's a shot from the side...you see it follows the line of the swing arm edge...

License_plate_mod6.JPG

Then a shot from the top...
I'll get some better ones for everyone soon...

License_plate_mod7.JPG

Guys... I really want to lower my bike, but I am low on cash and just can't afford the $200 adjustable kickstand. Can you lower the bike any with the stock stand? If so, how much?

Anyone have any cheap alternatives to the $200 kickstand?

Cloud
Do the kickstand mod it will help with the bike lowered i did and made a big difference i do not worry about parking and waiting to see if the busa is still upright when i get back is easy to do just do a search and is well worth it.

Yeah, I only plan on lowering mine 1" on the front and back. I'm 6'5" and don't intend on going much lower than that. Doing it for the track basically.
cool.gif

Very coooool.......almost hidden by the pipe.......did ya build the bracket Michelle??
thumbs-up.gif

thumbs-up.gif
My husband fabricated it...he loves doing that kind of work.  He needs to open up shop and sell some of his work...
smile.gif
Nice job......he may be copied
biggrin.gif
I'm sure he won't mind...
He had the exact dimensions printed on a Word document at work...he cut everything out and checked it with paper before he started cutting metal...
If you'd like for me to try and get a copy, I will...
smile.gif

thumbs-up.gif

smile.gif

Very coooool.......almost hidden by the pipe.......did ya build the bracket Michelle??
thumbs-up.gif

thumbs-up.gif
My husband fabricated it...he loves doing that kind of work.  He needs to open up shop and sell some of his work...
smile.gif
Nice job......he may be copied
biggrin.gif
I'm sure he won't mind...
He had the exact dimensions printed on a Word document at work...he cut everything out and checked it with paper before he started cutting metal...
If you'd like for me to try and get a copy, I will...
smile.gif
That's OK Michelle....I can figure er out.....thanks for lookin out though girl
thumbs-up.gif

Bill

thumbs-up.gif

smile.gif

thumbs-up.gif

Back