lowered the bike today

BLU88

Registered
lowered the bike 3/4 of and inch in the front today. the back was already lowered 1 1/2 inch in the back .. i will be lowering the back of the bike another 3/4 of and inch soon.

zaybusa2810.jpg

How much cornering clearance have you lost with lowering it? I'm looking to lower mine about 3/4" to an 1" but I was told that I would lose double that in cornering.

Any truth to that?

How much cornering clearance have you lost with lowering it? I'm looking to lower mine about 3/4" to an 1" but I was told that I would lose double that in cornering.

Any truth to that?

the back was lowerd 1.5 inches in the back with the front at stock hight last year and no problems hitting the back roads... i have riden a lowered busa for the last 4 years and could hang with anybody till i stretched my 02

i have seen a number of these posts and i have yet to get the answer to my question

how do you get it that low

the bike can only be lowered 3/4 " safely , and i see these bikes dropped like 1.5" -2"

so how do you do it , and still have the two pinch bolts on the bottom tree working ?

anyone ?

I'm thinking about lowering mine . I've had two incidents where I couldn't get flat footed. But I don't want to loose any handling. :beerchug:

I'm thinking about lowering mine . I've had two incidents where I couldn't get flat footed. But I don't want to loose any handling. :beerchug:

last year i had the bike stock height in the front and lowerd 1.5 inches in the back and my and my boy tore the back rodes up... this year i just decided to lower the front .75 and lowered the back .75 (so now it is 2.25 lowered in the back) will post new pics as soon as we have a nice sunny day ..

took it for a quick spin and now need to order my seat from lee at new image :thumbsup:

i have seen a number of these posts and i have yet to get the answer to my question

how do you get it that low

the bike can only be lowered 3/4 " safely , and i see these bikes dropped like 1.5" -2"

so how do you do it , and still have the two pinch bolts on the bottom tree working ?

anyone ?

this is what i am using and at .75 it is right at the taper on the bottom of the forks

SOUPY'S MOTORCYCLE LOWERING KITS, HONDA LOWERING, KAWASAKI LOWERING, YAMAHA LOWERING, SUZUKI LOWERING, TRIUMPH LOWERING, SPEED TRIPLE LOWERING, STREET TRIPLE LOWERING, GSXR LOWERING LINK, GSXR LOWERING KIT, RAISING LINKS, RISER LINK, KAWASAKI ZX14 LO

u can go prob an inch and still be good .. but to me 3/4 of and inch is fine. and i like the look and i can still ride it on the street.

on my 02 busa i was 1.5 inches lowered in the front and 4 inches lower in the back and if i hit a dip in the road i would always scrape my belly pan or tear it off if it was a big dip

Would like to see what it looks like from the front. Got any pics of what it looks like from the front?

Would like to see what it looks like from the front. Got any pics of what it looks like from the front?

will get it out in the am and take a front and side pic and will us the camera this time instead of the blackberry.

Back