Lost my job today...Fair or Unfair?

+1 reapply to your old position and meet with someone in HR. The directors only said they are posting your old postion which does'nt mean they have already hired someone. Sounds like someone there as an issue about you finding a better job. I've been looking for another job myself, people here play favorites.

with the exception of that particular supervisor who seems to still have a problem with me and enjoys making my life miserable at work.

Your first sentence spoke the truth without you even realizing it.
Question:
If said sup is still there and your work life was miserable are you really bummed to not be there anymore ? Maybe it is a hidden gift from above.....mental freedom !
Give it a week or so it will settle. You will think clearly.

I hope your are not to the point where you cant try to look at the bright side of every situation financially and mentally.
Having been in the car biz for many yrs I have lost jobs before as well. AND THAT WAS WITHOUT PUTTING IN A RESIGNATION..:rofl:
Come to work, happy day...Wham get hit in the head with a hammer.....we dont need you anymore. Thank you.:welcome:
There was one guy whos only job was to let folks go. We all knew his car, his face and name. When he came on the lot we all ran like cockroaches.
If he said to the Mgr. hey wheres uh Jon Smith. He was done. And the mgrs did not even know. Like a bomb from above.

I am sorry about the loss of work.
It will work itself out if you can stay mentally positive.
Remember Tennesseans are some of the strongest folk to have walked this great nation.
Just hum a little Rocky Top.
It always cheers me up..

bummer.Hope all works out for ya. Another thing is you might want to work on your quietness issue becasue i think thats the root problem.you cant run away from problems.

As posted above, at least health care pro's are in high demand... time to move onward and upward!! Wish we could find good help..

Busaga is wrong ...no offense.
But he doesnt know Tennesseans...maybe ?
TNs are by nature are quiet relaxed folk.
From NY city they are not. Not too many I knew or know are loud boisterous folks.
Sure thay can party but not as LOUD as the people I knew in CT.
Make great soldiers and are excellent shots but not really outspoken.
Its a trait...dont worry about it.
Its what makes us who we are.:thumbsup:

ps..you need to get ready for 6-8 inches of snow up thar in them thar hillz.
I remember 1 inch used to shut Nashville down for days..

Dang man, I really hate to hear this. I work for a hospital here in NC and I KNOW what goes on in these Health Care organizations. Sometimes it really stresses you out. Have you thought about relocating?

stop looking to your old employer, you tendered resignation.....

did the new employer offer you the position?
did they sned you an offer letter?
did you sign a contract?
any email or anything saying they offered you the job.....and that they now cannot hire you.

I would seek an attorney, the term is "detrimental reliance". you relied on thier job offer and now that they will not hire you....you are damged.

you won't get a boatload of cash.....but you might be able to get something, especially since un-employment is not available to you.

I can apply for another position inside the orginization just not back to the floor I was on. However I have to apply, get an interview, the job offer and accept, and start my first day on the new job before the 12th of Feb. which is my last day of employment at the hospital. I do have a meeting with my HR department on Monday to see what can be done. I am not going to go down without a fight but I am trying to look at the situation from a positive persepctive. I will have more time with my 3 year old son now and I am looking in to grants to maybe go back to school or something. I realize that I do have alot of options open to me at this point now I just have to decide my next step and in what direction I want to go. Everything happens for a reason and maybe loosing this job is actually for the best!

Well we have age, racial etc discrimation. Quiet people should not be discriminated
against either.

Back