Daddy's got a job!

Congrats, My girlfriend has been out of work for 4 months now and it sucks. She has put in 100 apps with no luck. Things are bad here where we live bu hopefully things will turn around soon. Congrats again

Congrats Shaun. :thumbsup:

My brother's been out of work for couple months now & his wife got her hours cut. Not easy.

good to hear i know things are tough around here. been wanting to leave my job for a while now but until i find something better not gonna leave just have to hold on .hey we need to hook up and ride sometime i'm just 40 mins away from ya depends on what side of town you live on hit me up for a ride sometime

good for ya! :beerchug:

if i may ask though how was staying with the union gonna leave you jobless for 1-1.5 years?

im not a union guys supporter or basher, just i know of some IBEW workers here that i was gonna go to work with if my job didnt pan out.

there's just no work in our area. or in any area for that matter. we have almost 50% unemployment in local 271... i signed the books at 146 and they have only put out like 1 permanent job this year so far.... now u know why i say year at the minimum. our BA said hes been in the electrical trade since the 70's and has never seen it this bad.

Congrats Shaun. :thumbsup:

My brother's been out of work for couple months now & his wife got her hours cut. Not easy.

thanks tim! and everyone else. i go in for a pee test that i will pass with flying colors. she said i didnt have the job yet because i have to pass the physical and pee test.... thats a cake walk as i dont smoke or do drugs :rulez: and i lift weights and mountain bike. :thumbsup:

good to hear i know things are tough around here. been wanting to leave my job for a while now but until i find something better not gonna leave just have to hold on .hey we need to hook up and ride sometime i'm just 40 mins away from ya depends on what side of town you live on hit me up for a ride sometime

that would be absolutely awesome! :beerchug: ive been looking for someone to go riding with. where are you from? i live on the south side near 31st and seneca.

however my bike is down right now as my dog clawed the front of it up. however i have fixed it and ordered up a bunch of goodies. including heli bars, throttlemeister, suzuki double bubble, 4500k ddm hid high/5000k hid low man those things are BRIGHT! :idea:, led 194's and 60/60 smt witchbacks in the front. galfer brake lines and throttlemeister ... thanks to tim at pashnit.

i also had an incident in the salt and sand last winter and have ordered the plastics for the right side. so my bike is slowly going together as i recieve parts.

Congratos on the new job Bro. PLC programming is a fascinating field and is a gateway to many more high paying jobs as you said. Machine control is the wave of the future..!! :thumbsup:

there's just no work in our area. or in any area for that matter. we have almost 50% unemployment in local 271... i signed the books at 146 and they have only put out like 1 permanent job this year so far.... now u know why i say year at the minimum. our BA said hes been in the electrical trade since the 70's and has never seen it this bad.

well like i said glad you got a job your happy about. i dont how know exactly how that local works, but some will allow you to keep your book if you ever decide to go back you can keep you time active and start building retirement again or whatever instead of losing it.

Congratulations man!

I am a Database Programmer, little bit different, but still, welcome to the fold.
I'll have to teach you all the cool jokes.

First one:
There are 10 types of people in the world.
Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Second one:
After a long day of coding at the office, just remember, there is no place like 127.0.0.1

Congrats man, and its still part of the electrical field, just a more specialized part of it. PLC's are real fun to mess with. I am in school now going for electrical engineering. The easiest way to learn with plcs is hands on experience. I learned more from our final project then during the whole class.

grats man....never close an open window as it always leads to a bigger world

yes i can keep my ticket. i can keep payin monthly dues to keep my spot on the books, or pay 30 bucks to get my ticket set back and i can come back anytime i want. just have to call the hall and re-activate my ticket and re-sign the books at the bottom. not sure what im going to do. im really thinkin im going to sit my card aside for a while and save the dues money and resign when im ready. i really want to get on with Spirit aerosystems here in wichita. especially with plc programming its high pay and great benefits.

im just gonna hold my head high and press on.

Back