Long Time Rider First-time Owner: Meet Erza

Congrats on becoming an LPC! Sweet bike too.

Search the Gen 3 forum and download the service manual to your computer (it’s too Big to be off any use on a phone). When people ask questions it’s the first place I look.
Thanks, I have the owners manual, and have always had both on previous bikes will get the service manual soon

Welcome to the oRg and congrats on the new bike!

Your 2nd question raises a question I'll post here. The Gen 2 has 2 pairs of injectors with the 2nd pair only marginally introducing fuel until around 5500 rpm when all 4 injectors are active. Wondering if the Gen 3 is configured the same. My guess is they are the same. @smithabusa, perhaps??

I raise this as it mildly relates to your 2nd question re: shifting.

Do LPC's ever do pro bono? Why can't I obey posted speed limits when riding a Gen 2 Hayabusa?? Troubled minds (and a couple of my relatives who do NOT ride) want to know.

Happy riding

Welcome to the oRg and congrats on the new bike!

Your 2nd question raises a question I'll post here. The Gen 2 has 2 pairs of injectors with the 2nd pair only marginally introducing fuel until around 5500 rpm when all 4 injectors are active. Wondering if the Gen 3 is configured the same. My guess is they are the same. @smithabusa, perhaps??

I raise this as it mildly relates to your 2nd question re: shifting.

Do LPC's ever do pro bono? Why can't I obey posted speed limits when riding a Gen 2 Hayabusa?? Troubled minds (and a couple of my relatives who do NOT ride) want to know.

Happy riding
"Do LPC's ever do pro bono? Why can't I obey posted speed limits when riding a Gen 2 Hayabusa?? Troubled minds (and a couple of my relatives who do NOT ride) want to know." -The free answer: 'Risk vs Reward' until the risk of speed limits (i.e. the consequences of ignoring them; in your own judgment) outweigh the rewards of speeding, then you will keep riding how you ride. No one can / will change you, only you have that power/responsibility. Ride free, ride safe, and live to ride another day! -Michael Mason M.Ed. LPC, NCC.

"Do LPC's ever do pro bono? Why can't I obey posted speed limits when riding a Gen 2 Hayabusa?? Troubled minds (and a couple of my relatives who do NOT ride) want to know." -The free answer: 'Risk vs Reward' until the risk of speed limits (i.e. the consequences of ignoring them; in your own judgment) outweigh the rewards of speeding, then you will keep riding how you ride. No one can / will change you, only you have that power/responsibility. Ride free, ride safe, and live to ride another day! -Michael Mason M.Ed. LPC, NCC.
Welcome!
(I have not yet received mine as I wait for some extras to be added but it is in the same color) Although I do want couple and acceleration, too high a speed is a factor of stress for me, and in Germany I can anyway achieve as much as I want while being on no-limits motorways...
What I value in riding are low-speed manoeuvers, tight corners/u-turns and complete mastering of the physics involved.
Speeding through a straight line does not present any serious skill-challenges apart from high fuel consumption and life-menacing risks.
But when a moron does tail-gate me (and they are too many), then, oh yes, I will certainly speed for my safety.

Welcome!
(I have not yet received mine as I wait for some extras to be added but it is in the same color) Although I do want couple and acceleration, too high a speed is a factor of stress for me, and in Germany I can anyway achieve as much as I want while being on no-limits motorways...
What I value in riding are low-speed manoeuvers, tight corners/u-turns and complete mastering of the physics involved.
Speeding through a straight line does not present any serious skill-challenges apart from high fuel consumption and life-menacing risks.
But when a moron does tail-gate me (and they are too many), then, oh yes, I will certainly speed for my safety.
My brother from another mother! You get it and I agree! Any snoob can twist the throttle and rocket in a straight, I am chasing the skill of the perfect apex! I have attached a picture of a typical ride for me.

Screenshot_20230602_062017_REVER.jpg

Back