little click????????????????????

diablo

Registered
when i let off the throtle in first gear i hear a little click coming from the left foot peg area by the front sproket. i dont think its the chain any ideas it just started i only have 2000 miles on the bike

What you are probably hearing is the front sprocket shaft. If you put your bike on the back stand, put it in gear, engine off and roll the tire back and forth with your hand, you will hear it.You hear it on the bike more in first due to the torque coming on and off when you let off the throttle. For the heck of it, check your countershaft nut and make sure its tight. I have seen 2 of them come loose, both on new bikes with low miles.

What you are probably hearing is the front sprocket shaft. If you put your bike on the back stand, put it in gear, engine off and roll the tire back and forth with your hand, you will hear it.You hear it on the bike more in first due to the torque coming on and off when you let off the throttle. For the heck of it, check your countershaft nut and make sure its tight. I have seen 2 of them come loose, both on new bikes with low miles.
hmmm... gotta keep that in mind!

hmmm... gotta keep that in mind!
I reported the exact same noise.  It was the chain, bad link.  It took the sprockets with it.  Had to replace both sprockets and chain.  However, I had 15,000 miles on chain.   I changed from RK to DID and think the DID is much better.

I was talking about my problem with one of my fellow riders and he said the same thing, "look at the chain". thanks for the imput. I have to get on that as soon as possible.

Back