04' busa clicking..ticking...????

Rocket Rider

Registered
After about 50-60 miles I began hearing a ticking / vibrating sound coming from the bottom right hand side of my gas tank. It is right there in the area of my cam chain tensioner. Is this clicking sound normal??? I have heard it on one other busa and the other busa that I listened to I didn't hear it?? Any ideas?
I have heard that Busa's were noisy bikes but this just sounds out of the normal! I have an estimate of 550 miles on it now.
Keith

thumbkeithbusa.jpg

I had a similar issue with an '03 Busa I had. When I did the 600 mile maintenance I tightened down the exhaust pipes to the head (right behind the radiator) and the noise went away.

Welcome aboard!
smile.gif
Sorry can't help with the problem but could be exhaust.
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|justintime2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1076365564 -->

not the fuel pump, we actually raised the tank to see if we could hear it better and it was coming from the area of the cam chain. Thats why I was asking if this is a normal sound or not?
I have a honda f41 02' and its a quiet running bike. I guess I'm just used to it thats all. I also have the stock exhaust so I am hearing every little noise too. The thing that bothers me is that I didn't hear it right away, it was after about 50-60 miles. Oh well, its going to the dealer in the a.m. to let them check it out for me!
keith

not the fuel pump, we actually raised the tank to see if we could hear it better and it was coming from the area of the cam chain. Thats why I was asking if this is a normal sound or not?
I have a honda f41 02' and its a quiet running bike. I guess I'm just used to it thats all. I also have the stock exhaust so I am hearing every little noise too. The thing that bothers me is that I didn't hear it right away, it was after about 50-60 miles. Oh well, its going to the dealer in the a.m. to let them check it out for me!
keith
Keith,

I've also got a '99 CBR600.   I've done 7000 miles on the Hayabusa since July and find the engine a lot noisier, but nothing that sounds like it needs attention.

Then again I can't hear them over my screaming and laughing once I am on the move.

Good luck with the dealer,

Steve

keith
Man, i just got my o4 the other day.. Same noise.. It sounds like rapid ticking.. Almost like fuel injection, but it doesnt ahappen all the time.. Just some times.. its weird.. Im going to give it a few more miles beofere i take it back in and see whats up.

There is a library of odd noises that come out of the Busa. First you have the clutch, when you let the clutch out in neuteral it makes a lot of racket. Then you have the cam-chain/valvetrain...does it sound like a sewing machine? Just a lot of mechanical clatter and racket? Pretty normal as well. Still just to be certain it's prolly not a bad idea to take it in and just have it listened too...chances are good that it's nothing but just to put your mind at ease... Mine allways sounds like an old industrial sewing machine.

Changin to full synthetic after about 1000 miles seemed to quiet it down a bit.

Well, the busa went to the dealer today and had its first service and to let them check out that ticking noise for me. The technician said that the bike was in sound condition and not to worry that I'll be hearing alot of different noises as the bike breaks in more. He also said that the Hayabusa is the most noisy sportbike out of them all. He said not to worry that all was good!!
Thanks to all for their inputs and suggestions!
Keith

Mine does it around 2-2.5 rpm ,but it qiuets down after it been running for 10-15 mins. . I'm at 22,000 miles and just had my valves done and it didn't go away .
rock.gif

Back