Life with alcohol...

GA_boi

Donating Member
Registered
was lots of fun...until my rash acts up. When I drink I break out in handcuffs..

Sobriety sux....

but I guess its better than the alternative.

After 20 something years of so called "recreational drinking", I have finally started to see the light and realize how much it affected my life. Enough personal relationship & liver damage along the way.
It no longer holds the allure of social good times, permiscuous women, and random fun, that it used to. A glass of wine w/ dinner or an occasional beer here & there is enough for me now.

Wow....growing up and maturing really is the pits :laugh:

I quit drinking (and smoking) 8 years ago for health reasons. I remember suffering from the rash you speak of and it was not pleasant, for all involved. I relish my life without alcohol you will too eventually! Hang in there........:thumbsup:

Worked in a hospital all my adult life and watched people with drug and alcohol problems...it is not the pits to quit drinking...you are making a rational decision to feeling better and living longer...it is a sane approach to life. There are only about a zillion things that can wrong with the body as we age...you will start feeling much better quickly...good luck and stay strong...do the work...believe in yourself..2hip

ever notice how when you quit partying your so called friends dry up:whistle:

Na not really. They're still here wanting to hang out. Its just where they're at drinking. They dont understand that alcoholics can't drink even if I havent had a drink in more than 100 days...

Glad you are doing what's best for you. Long road ahead, but you will find the strength to travel it.....

Had drug problems in the past and kicked them all but this alcohol is starting to become a problem for me. Think its time to quit. I've avoided cuffs but that's why. Can't be stupid forever and get away with it.
Posted via Mobile Device

More power to you my friend. I have had quite a few friends who have taken the same step, and some who did not do it in time. Hopefully it get's easier as you move ahead. Try to get your friends to do some rec league sports maybe, can't really mix drinking with that.

Or just spend more time on the .org :rulez:

Haven't drank in probably 15 years (lost track quit counting a long long time ago)
I wasted a lot of time I can never get back drinking, I regret ever starting.

Good luck and stay strong.

Life does get much better without it. It doesn't at first, because you have to learn how to live again without it, but once you get used to it life does seem much better.

Congrat's! :beerchug:

You've made a great choice my friend:bowdown: Drink & drugs can leave you with nothing, then it takes years to fix or get them back. In my early 20's had that same rash a few times:whistle: From 15-31, I used to drink like a fish. After 10 years sober, I finally got back what means the most of all-Family,this is my 19 year old daughter Sarah:cheerleader::cheerleader:

sarah 10 003.jpg

It wont be easy, but you can do it, just keep at it and im sure that all of us here on the Org are here to listen and help you along they way.

You can do it!! I know you can. My whole family is, are, (were) alcoholics. My dad drank really bad and we lost everything we had on several occasions. Finally my mom had to leave him for me, my brother, and herself. It took me 20years to finally get to know him, and then it was too late. He had lung cancer and died within about 3 or 4 years of my getting to know him again.
It can be done. Just be glad that you realize there is a problem and you are willing to correct it! That in itself gives you a head start. :bowdown:

I tried drinking again after being sober over ten years, and yep, it made me break out in handcuffs again. Not fun times.

Had drug problems in the past and kicked them all but this alcohol is starting to become a problem for me. Think its time to quit. I've avoided cuffs but that's why. Can't be stupid forever and get away with it.
Posted via Mobile Device

You do know that alcohol is a drug too, right? A depressant actually.....:whistle:

I am glad to hear that you have made the choice to stop drinking. I am happy that i made the choice to stop drinking when I was 22. In the last couple of years I think the most I have had to drink in a month was a 6 pack.

Back