I quit !

FASTMAN.....I quit drinking (I never had a problem with it though) when my daughter was 2. I was sitting at home (like you) drinking, and my bottle was just about empty, well my 2 yr old daughter promptly walks to the fridge and brings me another one without me even saying a word. I poured what little bit there was in the bottle and put the full one up. I gave her a big hug, told her I loved her, and that she didn't have to bring daddy any more of those. I haven't touched the stuff since! We all have our reasons, and I think yours is a good one! If you feel there is a problem, then there IS a problem. Get yourself into a program for your drinking and your anger and let her KNOW that you love her and PROVE to her that you are heading in the right direction. SHE is not the cause of the your drinking (if she was I am sure you would have put her out a while back). YOU are the only one that you can blame your drinking on.
Keep trying...no let me rephrase that. Quit!!! And I am sure you will feel better about yourself and your loved ones. Sounds like you already have a good plan started. Just stay with it, and if you need to talk just let me know!!

Good Luck dude.... if she is really hot carry a naked picture of her in a locket an every time the opportunity comes for a drink grab the the locket an take a good long look at what you going to loose if you take that swig.....
may give you a little extra strength to resist the urge at that moment.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Have you considered that maybe YOU are not the problem?

not to be too harsh but i do belive that there is no excuse for alcaholism or even the need to use it. congrats on your decision. you must do it for you. the rest of the "quality of life" issues will orient themselves. you are the most important person to you because without you, the rest have nothing too.

When I quit smoking, it helped me to think about the fact that I got along fine without the little coffin nails before I started on them. Think about toughing up & consider that it is weak to be such a slave to something that you do not need for existence (like air water food and motorcycles) :-). Another important thought train was that I started slow and worked up, that means "tapering off" is more like starting up. Solution = cold turkey.

Good for you, keep up the good work, I have never drank or smoked so I don't know how hard it is trying to stop, but I wish you the best. Just pray about it.

Thank you all for the support! Day three....alcohol free !!!! Don't need to get up in the middle of the night to pee as I'm not dumping a half gallon of beer in me every night before bed. It was a little hard to get to sleep last night. I did feel the need to drink, not necessarily alcohol, just guzzle something. Like quiting smoking and sucking on a lolipop kind of thing. Must of went thru a half litre of gingerale last night! lol All your concern and support has brought tears to my eyes reading this. I sincerely want to thank you all. I will keep you posted on my progress. God bless you all. Dan

well after 4 or so days, the upside is most of the physical dependence is about gone.. now the mental side starts.. (was easily the toughest part for me) Your body will probably feel a bit drained but it will start coming back.. What a great time to start with a really mild exercise routine.. (the walks thing)

I have been in recovery for 3311 days now :) tic toc...

I am feeling the disire to fill the absence of the practice of drinking with some excersize. Maybe just some sit-ups or free weights. I'm actually having a tougher time with the hurt, quilt, and remorse I feel for the damage I did to my relationship. Our family of 5 at home( 2 hers, one mine) is now broken and until we are all back together I just am heartbroken. I will fix things, just need to be patient, which is tough for me. I want them back full time NOW but have to be chill. Have a good day all.

This may be one of the best choices you've ever made in your life, if drinking creates trouble in your life,drop it and don't look back. This year in Oct. will be my 10th year sober and almost instantly my life changed for the better and only wish I had quit sooner. I'll say a prayer for you and if I can ever be of help, send me a PM, best wishes and good luck, this you won't regret-ever:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well, everyone, 12 days and still alcohol free. :cheerleader: Feeling much better. My girl is back and we are a family again and things are already much better. Saving money, saving my liver, saving my relationship, and just plain feeling better! No more hang-overs!! You all helped with your encouragement and support. Thank you again!! Now if only winter would go away so I can RIDE!!!

You exercising yet?

Try doing calesthenics and look into Hindu Squats, the back bridge and hindu pushups.

Not yet Projekt, but I will look into the Hindu stuff. I'm one of those always on the go people so it's gonna take some effort. I work close to 50 hours at the dealership (sales) and own and operate a plowing and lawn maintenance business. I also built my house which is about to go up for sale so I can build the next one on the land I developed myself. But I shall try.

Back