Leukemia

Jester0769

Hayabusa Master
Donating Member
Registered
friends and family of the .Org

My wife has been diagnosed with a form of Leukemia. The love of my life is sick and all I can is sit back and watch while her life is the hands of another. I have been told that the form of leukemia that she has is very treatable and "most" of the people that get this form of cancer do recover completely.

I have been sitting in hospitals for the past three days and in two different states trying to find out what was wrong with my Love.

This all started just over a week ago. My wife Dana went in to see our family doctor about some strange bruising she had. While she was at the doctors office he ordered some blood work be done. This was on a Thursday of the week before last.

We have had a vacation planed for a couple of months to Orlando fl. Well she flew out to Orlando last Tuesday for work and our vacation was to start Wed. I was at the airport and about to board my flight to get me to the sunny state and bound for the beach when I get the call. My wife on the line in tears and total fear in her voice. The doctors office had called her to tell her she needed to be in the hospital A.S.A.P!! because of such a low blood and white blood cell count that she could be in high risk of heart attack and infection.

The flight I had to take was the longest two and a half hours of my life.

Once I got to Florida and to the hospital that Dana was in I walk into a room with my wife in bed hooked to two pints of blood and pint of blood platelets. The doctors there were not sure what was wrong but knew that they had to get her blood count back up. After a day in a Orlando hospital they figure out that we were not from Orlando and told us to head home to a local hospital and doctors that we have history with.

So out we run to the airport to get back home.

Well now we are home. Dana is in a hospital room and I'm at home now because they sent me home. I have extended family in and everyone is doing anything they can to help out in anyway they can.

What I know now is that Dana is going to have Three Kemo treatments in the next week and will be taking a regiment of pills for the next couple of years.

I know that she will be ok, it will just take time. I just had to get these things off my chest and this i family to me and thought this would be the best place to get it off my chest.

Thanks for reading and taking the time to care.

Needless to say I will be on and off the board for a while so if you guys and girls need anything from the shop, call the shop and they will take care of you. If you need to talk to me, just send me a pm and ill get back to you in a few days.

thanks again,

Josh

Josh -
Wow. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do for you or Dana... I am sorryf or this, but at least they found it and can begin treatment. My thoughts and prayers go out...

Oh dude
wow.gif
that is terrible news, hang in there...you know we are here for ya.
wink.gif

thanks for the kind words and prayers

I just had to vent for a second. you know how things build up and you just have to vent after some much builds up.

Josh

Good luck with this! Luekemia is beatable and when Dana is feeling better you can laugh about beating the big C! GOOD LUCK!

Josh, she will be in my prayers. I'm sure she'll do fine. If you ever need anything, you got my PM.

Getting ready to go to bed now, so prayers will be said for her soon.

Josh and Dana and families........

Our prayers and thoughts will be with you, I hope you caught it fast enough that she clears fast, and it sounds like it.

All the best, and please keep us informed.

Josh - so sorry to hear.
sad.gif
Thoughts and Prayers out to you and your wife.

It sounds like she's in good hands.

Not to take away from your situation, but a friend's 8 y/o daughter was recently diagnosed with Leukemia - her symptoms were very similar to your wife's (strange bruising, etc.). She's had several treatments and was just told that she's in full remission!

I pray for a speedy recovery for your wife!

Dude I'm sure you've heard it but you can't hear it enough she can beat it. my little niece took 8 mnths and is now clear. so stay strong.

Josh I'm very sorry to hear about Dana. I hope she makes a fast recovery. You guys are in my thoughts and let me know if there is anything I can do.

sorry to hear about this...both of you will be in my prayers
beerchug.gif

The worst thing that could happen to me would be be something happening to my wife. I am so sorry man. Hang in there and know we are thinking of you two over here in Northern California.

Back