Let's get this out of the way first...

PaNDeM1C

Your Disease.....
Donating Member
Registered
Sunday night in Manatee County, FL (bradenton) I was arrested for "disorderly intoxication" outside of a bar near the beach.

We (family) finished our Orlando trip at Disney and we went to Bradenton to visit relatives there. I have an old friend living in St. Petersburg and he came to Bradenton to see me. So... we went out drinking. We first stopped at this place called The Beach House (or something like that) right on the beach... and then went to this little hole in the wall called the Bridge River Inn Bar (or something like that). I don't remember very much, so going by what I actually do remember.

Anyway, we are drinking and doing karaoke... and drinking... alot. I'll try to keep this short and simple, so all I can remember was that the bar did not take credit cards and their ATM machine was broken. So... how could we pay? I hardly ever carry cash. My friend didn't have cash, either. I remember getting into an arguement with the bartender girl about it all. That's it. But from that night in the bar I remember getting in an arguement with this Harley biker type guy because this hot young girl was handing around us. He didn't like that. He also was yelling at us because we apparently got her to start smoking again. The guy said she quit and was pissed at us because she was smoking. Strange situation. I didn't care.

So... it seems that somebody called the cops on us because of the whole arguement about the bill or something. I still do not know the whole story.

I do know that I got very "disorderly" when the cop showed up. I guess I was being an jerk and just wouldn't keep my big drunken mouth shut. Anyway, I got arrested and my friend was allowed to go home in his own vehicle.

Jail sucks! Period.

They process you and take your blood, do mugshots, entire hand prints, and make you wear this stupid nurse scrub outfit and these plastic flip-flop shoes. I think I spent about 9hrs there. I was released on a $120 bond that I paid using my ATM card (ironic!). A bar that didn't have an ATM machine led to me getting arrested and then I used an ATM machine at the jail to bail myself out! What really sucked is that the phone at the jail wouldn't let you call cell phone numbers! The only people I could call had cell phones! I didn't know the number to my relatives' house or any other numbers to call... just my parents' cells and my friend's. It turned out that my friend called my mother's cell and told them what happened and they came by the jail to bail me out and then discovered that I already posted my own bail. I was finally set free around 3pm ET on Monday. I could have gotten out sooner but I was sooooo drunk and didn't even realize I could post my own bail money!

So... right when I stepped out of the jail, my parents were there waiting and we hit the road to Gainsville, FL to see some more relatives. My parents are cool and didn't get mad or anything. My father just asked "Did you learn your lesson?". I said "I learned that jail sucks!".

I actually did learn a few lessons from the whole experience:

1. Never go to a bar without cash!
2. Jail sucks!
3. I never want to be arrested again, so I am going to immediately stop my excessive speeding on my motorcycle!
4. If I'm going to drink Jack/Coke like bottled water... I need to do it at home!

All in all, I was just so drunk so I can't really make any excuses about what happened. I just don't remember very much about that night... just a few things.

I have a court date on Nov. 11 but there's no way I will be able to make it. I was told that I probably don't have to appear. I'd just lose my $120 bond money. But I'm going to call the city clerk there to find out what I need to do. It's not a serious charge or anything so I really don't feel guilty or bad about anything. I was just drunk and one thing led to another.... and that's that.

Learn to keep you mouth shut. Yes Sir or Yes Ma'am.... enough said...lesson learned.

Glad it turned out fairly well.

Dayum Pan ! Guess you're banned from the state of Florida from now on ?
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

You didn't have to go thru all that to find out jail suxs ! "I" could of told ya that !

Where's the pics of the jail ?

Sorry. No pics! When I was released I didn't want to waste anymore time there!

i think you can do 3 of the 4 things listed.
there is no way you will stop your excessive speeding

Manatee county is famous for issuing warrants for failing to appear. You had better get something from the courts in writing and carry it with you if you can just surrender your bond and call it a done deal. I SERIOUSLY doubt it will be that easy. I had to gop bail my brother in law out with 2500 cash for failing to appear after he was told it "wasn't necessary to appear"
Make your calls and write down all names numbers extensions times and facts to substantiate your claim my friend. You'll need them when they extradite you back to manatee county.

(MoosesBusa @ Oct. 10 2006,18:29) Manatee county is famous for issuing warrants for failing to appear. You had better get something from the courts in writing and carry it with you if you can just surrender your bond and call it a done deal. I SERIOUSLY doubt it will be that easy. I had to gop bail my brother in law out with 2500 cash for failing to appear after he was told it "wasn't necessary to appear"
Make your calls and write down all names numbers extensions times and facts to substantiate your claim my friend. You'll need them when they extradite you back to manatee county.
There's no way I'm going back to FL so they better be able to settle things with me from over 2k miles away.

On a side note, on the way down to Florida on I75 I saw a black or dark blue truck towing a Busa and another bike. The truck was heading north just south of the Georgia border... so I wonder if it was a h.org member heading up to the gap...

Another side note... my wrists are still in pain from the cuffs!!!

Come to Florida on vacation . . .
Leave on probation . . .
Return on violation.  
wow.gif

Seriously tho . . .

You want to resolve this.
Fail to appear on your court date & Florida WILL post an arrest warrant.
They prolly (but might) won't hunt you down.
But every time a cop runs yer license the warrant will pop up &
off to jail you go. Because you skipped there will be no bail.
If you get arrested in another state they will (again) prolly
not extradite ya. Which means you sit in jail for 3 to 7 days.
Of course if ya was on yer bike, that will be impounded (& towed)
leading to all kinds of damage.
Ya really do need to speak to a lawyer, That way you can waive your personal
appearances.

Good luck.

pirate.gif
Raider out.
P1514

He also was yelling at us because we apparently got her to start smoking again.[/Quote]

jump9.gif

I love it

Did you meet Ben Over while you were in jail?
biggrin.gif
Just kidding glad everything turned out ok for you.

damn dude!!

Sounds like you had quite the adventure. We should go for drinks when you get out here WestSiDE!! I'll bring cash.
tounge.gif
You prolly have some pretty good and hillarious stories.
all_coholic.gif
beerchug.gif

Pan met Pan on Thursday... but I wasn't smiling so wide late Sunday night...

pan575486-R1-008-2Axxx.jpg

And no... I didn't meet Ben Dover or Bubba! Luckily they were absent! I did meet some pretty good whackos in that jail, though. But... I can't really judge them since I was right in there alongside them!
tounge.gif

Back