Leaving the Stampede...

Hey Cap, I wasn't able to make the Stampede but I believe I saw you two this morning at around 10:00 am east bound on Interstate 80 right near Carlin, NV. I saw what appeared to be two 08 blk/grey loaded Busas moving at a pretty good pace just coming out of the tunnel, saw a couple more loaded Busas heading east bound on I 80 when I got closer to Reno, I assumed all were Stampede attendees, sure hope I can make this event next year. :thumbsup:

That probably was us, we went through that area about that time.. I would bet were the only ones out there with luggage and packed up like that......

So how did we look?

cap

Hey Cap how long do you guys plan to be in South dakota and how far into the east of South dakota are you gona be going before you head south back home.

Just curious if you guys are comeing my way.

As a matter of fact my fearless partner probably needs a new back tire... Can you point us in the right direction for a tire in your area?

Doug

You should be able to find a tire out here in the Hills. Let me know what kind of tire you need and I will make some phone calls in the morning. I do know where a Metzeler M3 190 can be found. :beerchug:

You should be able to find a tire out here in the Hills. Let me know what kind of tire you need and I will make some phone calls in the morning. I do know where a Metzeler M3 190 can be found. :beerchug:

Steve isnt very picky at this point.. Can you let me know the details of where we can go, are they open on Tuesday and how much to mount and balance...

I will PM you Steve's number....

CAp

What the heck is that thing? A giant tennis ball tree? ???
It is a sculpture title the Tree of Utah. Cap didn't see it on the way out there, how I don't know because it is pretty big and there is nothing else around for miles.

Hey Cap, I wasn't able to make the Stampede but I believe I saw you two this morning at around 10:00 am east bound on Interstate 80 right near Carlin, NV. I saw what appeared to be two 08 blk/grey loaded Busas moving at a pretty good pace just coming out of the tunnel, saw a couple more loaded Busas heading east bound on I 80 when I got closer to Reno, I assumed all were Stampede attendees, sure hope I can make this event next year. :thumbsup:

I think I remember you. You were one of 3 riders that waved on my whole trip back.

We made it to our destination for the day at about 4pm.. Roughly 566 miles from Reno leaving at 5am to 35 miles North of Salt Lake City.

We head out tomorrow morning about 7am for Casper Wyoming, this should be about 450 miles to cover. The trip to Wyoming should be good, the temps will be lower and we will have about 100 less miles to cover than today.....

I looked at the GPS this afternoon and we had covered 2,470 miles on the bikes in the past 7 days and that is still counting Sat in which we only went to Virginia City only putting about 100 miles for the day.....

Whew are we getting a workout!

Tomorrow is Casper Wyoming, then to South Dakota, Nebraska, Colorado then home.

I think we will hit 4000 miles in two weeks before its all said and done.

Cap

Wow, so cool to see, I have done as much as 2000 in a month but not in just a few days.
Iron Butts for sure.:beerchug:
Good to hear you had a great time and ride safe home.:thumbsup:
Bubba

You guy's are hard core...awsome distance...did ya speed....if ya did ,ya think that thing in Uncle Steves wallet would save the day ..hehehehehe.. Glad you guy's got to destination safely. It's 504 am and i just got home from work... so two hours from now i will listen for the K8's to fire up..have a great day...

As a matter of fact my fearless partner probably needs a new back tire... Can you point us in the right direction for a tire in your area?

Doug

Rob can probly help you guys out in the sturgis area and such for tires if not i have i belive 3 new rear tires sitting in my tire rack If you make it far enough east to get to the river but you may need it sooner then that i don't know.

If you can't find something Rob let me know i can possibly overnight a tire i have out here. I have a Mentzler Z4 and a Z6 and i'm not sure what else i'd have to look.

We rode a little over 400 miles today from Salt lake city to Casper Wyoming.....

Here are a few pics that we took today...

Cap

An old friend of Steve's took us on an extremely scenic ride today... The cleanest ZX12 you will find....
stampede-09 004.jpg

Utah mountains.
stampede-09 012.jpg

Red Canyon Wyoming, incredible view
stampede-09 031.jpg

Red Canyon without the bikes
stampede-09 034.jpg

More of the rain following us...
stampede-09 047.jpg

Last edited:
Wow thats some nice country out there....Jealous as can be,, How do the bikes handle with all your stuff on there... Thnx..keep us up to date.

Last edited:
Back