Leaving a charger hooked up to your busa???

I also have the Tender pigtail run from the battery out the left side of the seat. That way I can use it for my electric vest as well. That's the extent of my electrical ability!

All the time. I agree with having an alarm on board, they do some weird stuff to the static charge. I don't have the Yuasa brand, but something that does the exact same basic thing when charge tops off. It trickles a very small voltage that keeps things excited inside, just barely enough to keep charge topped until moto is started. Then again, I ride almost every darn day around here. Took it out tonight for errands....."GOD" I love this machine.......
super.gif

walmart brand battery tender, i have had it for 4 years used on two bikes, still does the job just fine.
it stays pluged up all the time. nothing sounds better when u pull the bike outside when its 30 degrees and she fires up with that fully charged battery.

I use a battery tender jr leave it on all winter. The jr is cheaper and does a good job it puts out 750 mA should be all you need

I always use a battery tender, stock '03 battery still cranking strong.

cheers
ken

I always use a battery tender, stock '03 battery still cranking strong.

cheers
ken

I have a different type but it still has the trickle charge. I am about to drop it and get a "true" battery tender because the pigtail for the one I have was not long enough and I already screwed it up trying to lengthen it.

I have the Scorpio and GipPro which can slowly drain the battery down.

Don't know about your mods, does something draw power all the time ? Is it necessary to leave it on ? Is the install good ? Battery Tender...................
thumb_up.gif

I just used my Sears gift card/Christmas present from Mother in law to buy a Sears version of the battery tender and I really like it. Came with 3 different sets of adapters. Standard SAE Hermaphrodite plug, Alligator Clips and a Cig lighter adapter. All just plug into the main cord.I had an SAE plug on my bike already for my Electric vest so I Installed the Pigtail that came with it on my riding Mower and then the Alligator clamps on my Deep cycle battery for the Camp trailer and I can just swap it from each one in seconds! Awesome!

I have 3 bikes...one with a scorpio alarm....2 of them are on Schumacher 1.5 amp motorcycle charger/float maintainers hardwired with the pigtails (ride'em in and plug'em in
laugh.gif
) and are plugged in always when not riding. The other one gets a harbor Freight float maintainer with just the alligator clamps cause it sits way more so I don't mind pulling the seat to reach the battery. They all work awesome
thumb_up.gif
And I don't buy batteries much anymore
ThumbsUp.gif
I'll never be without them again
winkold.gif

Is it Beltran who makes them or is it Yaesu?..or are they the same?
The brand name "Battery Tender" belongs to Deltran, based in Florida. Anything else is an imitation.

When they first became popular, in the late 80's, there were a few stories about Battery Tenders causing fires, and boiling out batteries. This was attributed to faulty trickle/cutoff circuit. Deltran stated that they doubted that their product was at fault, as the name "Battery Tender" was being used to refer to any gizmo that you charged your battery with.

In the mid 90's Deltran came out with their second-generation Battery Tender, and it has an even more sensitive circuit for monitoring the state of a battery's charge (enhanced algorithm). What I think is great about Deltran, is that as battery technology changes, they keep pace with their products.

I have dealt with Deltran directly, and I have to say that their customer service, sales, and technical support are first rate. You can buy directly from them, which is great if you are unsure about which product is best for your use, or what accessories you want. However, if you know what you need, you'll probably find better deals on the web.
bowdown.gif

Back