Leaving a charger hooked up to your busa???

JaviBUSA08

Registered
Ok, i got my 08 busa. I have installed a couple thing to it that draw power. Today I went to turn on the bike and nothing. Had to give it a good charge and then it started. Thing is I really don't want to have to charge my bike 2-3 hours before every time I am going to ride it...Any clue as to what I should do? I was thinking of leaving the charger hooked on to it trickle charging the battery but I am afraid that may cause a fire or something if it shorts for some stupid reason. What do you guys do??

I've got mine on a Battery Tender right now
sadnews.gif
, Nuf Said
tounge.gif

I know lots of people that use the official "battery tender" from Yuasa and leave it plugged it.. it has a protection circuit that keeps from over-charging or boiling a battery dry... and I also know that Suz says remove at least one cable when charging, so as not to upset the electrics.... wanna coin to flip??
lurk.gif

Be sure to get a genuine Battery Tender or I would be afraid to leave it plugged in full-time
firedevil.gif

get a battery tender pig tail put on your battery. you wont have to take your seat off to connect
beerchug.gif

I have one but use it to charge my 2nd (LED) battery. The main one never needs it as my bike never sits long enough to drain out.

Here in Miami, every season is riding season. (Pic taken this past weekend)
laugh.gif

IMG_0264.jpg

Battery Tenders are very useful. Gonna have to get a new one since mine quit working last week.

My bike is in the trailer and on a tender as type. It really doesn't need it, but it does enhance the battery's overall life.

What do you have that is draining your battery? That doesn't make sense to me?

Back