Leaving a charger hooked up to your busa???

Battery tender year round
thumb_up.gif

Just went out and bought one at my local PEPBOYS. Which is an auto part store down here. GREAT product. I am glad I don't have to worry about the battery not being ready when I want to ride. Thanks for the info guys, And yes the pig tail comes with the battery tender. Thanks again guys....

battery tender jr here, bought extra pig tails and rotate it in the winter between my two bikes,my girlfriends two bikes,and the sears craftsman mower, it works awsome on the mower b.t.w. the bt is really a great product.

Just went out and bought one at my local PEPBOYS. Which is an auto part store down here. GREAT product. I am glad I don't have to worry about the battery not being ready when I want to ride. Thanks for the info guys, And yes the pig tail comes with the battery tender. Thanks again guys....
I put the pigtail on and run the wire to the rear of the busa and out the left side (clutch) side of the bike. On the tail you have an open slot on that side. The other side is closed because on the left side it has a grab handel inside to assist lifting a busa with a center stand. When your not running the battery tender, the wire will fold up and store inside this pocket, and when you want to charge the battery you just reach in and pull it out. No need to remove the seat!

Tender Jr here too.. stays plugged in when the bike's not running... at least at home, that is, LOL
beerchug.gif

Yep, battery tender all the way. I leave it plugged to the bike all winter (and no I don't unhook any cables). Also got one for my wife's convertible. Come spring, both fire right up. I wouldn't be without one (or two, or three)!

I alternate my Battery Tender every three day or so on two of my bikes depending on what I am riding the most; the LE gets it's own Battery Tender because it is the King Of Speed and deserves more respect!
bowdown.gif

I mounted my pig tail on the right rearset so the the plug is hidden behind the healplate so you cant see it unless your lookin for it.

Mine is chillin at the house right now plugged in.

Josh

Ryders Connection

I use the dual Battery Tender and mounted the pig tail in the trunk on my Busa. I leave it plugged in 100% of the time. It prevents the battery from sulfating and extends the battery life substantially as well as keeping it fully charged. Highly recommended especially if you have alarms, etc.

Can't find that PIG tail connection you are talking about...Where can I find it?
Jav - a lot of these plugs you can get from Powerlet Products: http://www.powerletproducts.com/
Wide variety of plugs, pigtails, adaptors, etc. I have several so I can plug just about anything into the bike. I can even charge my digital camera while traveling by just plugging the cigarette lighter adapter in.

This is the first winter I've used a battery tender and routinely replaced out batteries on the busa. Hard miles and lots use of the electric vest. Hopefully I'm done replacing batteries for awhile.

These things are super cheap - and extremely competitive. I was looking at the normal Battery Tender ($65 list) and there are internet retailers selling at below cost, around $40. Can get them anywhere.

http://www.powerletproducts.com/products/cables.php

pac026_y_adaptor.jpg

I I'm not getting to ride much, I'll plug it in. But if I'm using the Busa every day, no.

Right before a 1500 mile five day trip this past summer, I replaced the original oem battery on my '01 ZRX.

It was working fine, I just coundn't trust it on the trip...6 1/2 years old, with 25K miles...it killed me, but I had to do it.

Blue1

i bought my tender from Jester at Ryders Connection. It helped me keep my stock battery in my bike for 2 1/2 years. I just recently bought a new battery for my bike. Tender is definately worth the investment. I leave mine plugged in all the time. Especially in the cold temps of winter.

The battery tender is a nice unit. But walmart sells a "Schumacher battery companion" for $19. It's a killer deal and you don't have to mail order it. It comes with a pigtail harness and a set of battery clips. It also has 2 LEDs that show "charging" or "maintenance". I use mine for the bike and ridding lawn mower.

I strongly recommend this unit, and for $20 you can't go wrong!

Back