Knocking

AaronG

Registered
Was riding and the bike locked up. Turned out that when my brother laid it down a while back it caused a small hole that only leaked oil when under pressure and got real low and locked up. Put oil in it and it starts back up now but knocks pretty bad. See the video and tell me what you experts think is causing the main problem and how much money I am going to be out to fix it. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
"This video is no longer available"
rock.gif

Sounds like a rod knocking to me, but not sure. But I bet if you run it up to 10 grand, you wont have to worry about it, you can just buy a new bike
SHOCKED.gif

If it locked up, you are looking at new main and rod bearings at the least. The knock you are hearing is from worn bearings. Can't tell from the video if it's from mains or rods, but once you open it up, you might as well do them all since even if a particular bearing isn't knocking, they all have some damage from being run dry. If you're lucky, the cylinder walls did not get scored or ovaled.

(BusaWhipped @ Jul. 29 2007,16:08) If it locked up, you are looking at new main and rod bearings at the least.  The knock you are hearing is from worn bearings.  Can't tell from the video if it's from mains or rods, but once you open it up, you might as well do them all since even if a particular bearing isn't knocking, they all have some damage from being run dry.   If you're lucky, the cylinder walls did not get scored or ovaled.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

(BusaWhipped @ Jul. 29 2007,19:08) If it locked up, you are looking at new main and rod bearings at the least. The knock you are hearing is from worn bearings. Can't tell from the video if it's from mains or rods, but once you open it up, you might as well do them all since even if a particular bearing isn't knocking, they all have some damage from being run dry. If you're lucky, the cylinder walls did not get scored or ovaled.
+1
crazy.gif

Back