Key west

bigern_05Busa

Ad augusta per angusta
Donating Member
Registered
So a chance trip to Panama City led to packing up the car with the wife and heading down I-75 to visit her sister in Port Charlotte, then ultimately Key West.

Talk about a beautiful place to visit. As the locals say, it was off season so the tourist traffic wasn't bad. Plus it is the beginning of Hurricane season so many are planning or preparing for that, not awaiting a flock of visitors from the North.

Key West is incredible, definitely a place to visit before one dies. The sunsets are one of a kind and the water is so clear, even in 30 feet of water you can see to the bottom.

Went to the famous Duvall Street and did the Duvall Crawl, legal to drink and walk down the street, just like Bourbon Street. Clubs, restaurants, and people are all terrific. Two of the notables were Jimmy Buffets "Margaritaville" and the Hard Rock Cafe. Kind of pricey but worth the price and wait. Stayed on a Navy Annex being active duty Army so the stay was inexpensive. Pics enclosed...

5__Changed_.JPG

House with cool Greek statues. Male had all the anatomy attached, wife enjoyed that...

8__Changed_.JPG

Wish Upon a Star (Disney) Cruise line docks by Navy Annex private beach area.

32__Changed_.JPG

There were numerous sailboats that had been restored and sailing on the ocean.

39__Changed_.JPG

Sun is gone, cannon is fired from fort, boats blow horns and shoot fireworks, and the boss is happy...

48__Changed_.JPG

Awesome shots and I'm so jealous!
wink.gif

I was married in Key West by Captail Bill who was willing to even do the pirate voice if we wanted him to
laugh.gif
Seen a ton of great bands at Sloppy Joe's 'til the wee hours of the morning, stayed in several different hotels, rented a house there, even rented Seabird Key off of Marathon for an entire week and that was heaven, but we found ourselves driving the hour down to Key West for our Duval Street fix...

...been there so many times I have lost count...always a fun place to go...wish I were there now
sad.gif

cool.gif

Awesome shots and I'm so jealous!
wink.gif

I was married in Key West by Captail Bill who was willing to even do the pirate voice if we wanted him to
laugh.gif
 Seen a ton of great bands at Sloppy Joe's 'til the wee hours of the morning, stayed in several different hotels, rented a house there, even rented Seabird Key off of Marathon for an entire week and that was heaven, but we found ourselves driving the hour down to Key West for our Duval Street fix...

...been there so many times I have lost count...always a fun place to go...wish I were there now
sad.gif

cool.gif
It was awesome, as a matter of fact, just to the right of the sunset pics there was a gazebo that looked like a hut. There was a couple getting married by one of the Captains from the cruise line. Plan to renew my wedding vows with the boss after my deployment, will be our 11th year but very romantic doing it at sunset. That will hold her over for years...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back