Keurig Kold??? Why?

Derrick0580

Registered
Ok guys, I have a small rant I want to get others opinions on! Keurig announced the release of its new Kold system, basically you can make carbonated cold drink such as Dr. Pepper and Coca Cola name brand drinks and others to boot. However, this damn machine is $369.00 at Best Buy and a 4 pack of drink pods is $5.00!!!!! Are you joking me??? 4 eight ounce glasses of sode for 5 bucks???

From what I read online, keurig is banking on consumers spending the money because the pods save space over cans and bottles. Are american really that careless with their money that they are willing to pay around $1.25 for an 8 ounce glass of pop when for the same price or less if bought on sale you can buy a whole 2 liter bottle????

I openly admit to having a regular keurig. I got a killer black friday deal on a decent model and I drink coffee occasionally (well I like a little coffee with my sugar and creamer), but do not drink enough at one time to justify brewing an entire pot and I buy the generic meijer donut shoppe k-cups and had the same 48 count box for roughly 6 months. So for me it makes sense to have one for that purpose, but when it comes to paying 5 bucks for 4 glasses of soda I have to say HELL NO!

I openly admit to having a regular keurig. I got a killer black friday deal on a decent model and I drink coffee occasionally (well I like a little coffee with my sugar and creamer), but do not drink enough at one time to justify brewing an entire pot and I buy the generic meijer donut shoppe k-cups and had the same 48 count box for roughly 6 months. So for me it makes sense to have one for that purpose, but when it comes to paying 5 bucks for 4 glasses of soda I have to say HELL NO!
I drink a lot of coffee, and for the same reasons Derrick has a Kuerig. I don't.

Convenience is the only compelling reason for owning a regular
Keurig. The coffee (and ive tried em all) is nothing to write home about, I suspect the cold version is no different in that respect.

i have a keurig and love it. My wife and i drink coffee regularly. Couple in the morning and couple in the evening each. The trick to the cost is buy the kups when they on sale...Keep eyes open on line for deals. Buy in bulk. Our per cup cost of coffee is roughly 10 cents. Oh and you can double brew those. Trick to it is do a full brew then a half brew for one huge cup of great coffee. Stretches them out a long ways.

Even if you are only an occasional soda drinker 12oz cans take up a lot less space than a Keurig machine! And so do 2 liter bottles! At $1.25 (if you watch for sales and some store always has them on sale) you can buy a 2 liter and throw half of it away when it goes flat and still be ahead.

It wasn't brand name but SodaStream has been doing this for years and everyone I've talked to says it pretty much sucks if you're looking to replace regular soda brands like Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, Sprite, and so on.

I get the appeal of Keurig for the occasional coffee drinker if you have the counter space. But I think Keurig is the new cool device that everyone has to have. My daughter has a Keurig machine, and expresso maker of some kind (at least I think that's what it is) and some other juicer, beverage type??? device on her kitchen counter and it makes it look like a cluttered mess to me. But I know that they are out on display to impress as much as they are for the utility of making a drink. ??????

Some people will always need to have the latest and greatest gadget available just for the "look what I got" bragging rights. I figure if I were to buy one that is $369.00 less to spend on my motorcycles or other toys !

guess i never thought of my coffee maker as a show item to say look what i have....I like coffee, it is economical for me, and i got it on sale for like 100 bucks. If that is a look at me thing i guess i have a warped idea of showing off?

guess i never thought of my coffee maker as a show item to say look what i have....I like coffee, it is economical for me, and i got it on sale for like 100 bucks. If that is a look at me thing i guess i have a warped idea of showing off?

I'm not saying it's that way with everyone that has a Keurig. I've offered to buy one for my wife on several different occasions. She likes coffee and I don't so it would be perfect for our situation. I guess you could say I'm just reporting what I've observed. No offense intended.

none taken for sure brother. You should get her one! Just buy the coffee online when its on sale...store it...thats what we do... always buying and storing. Wanted to add you will be amazed at how little you actually waste with it. Our waste of coffee that didnt get drunk has cut by 75% i bet...Imagine the savings...

i want one now i have to find a custom made rack so i can attached it to the busa for bike nights..:40__s:beerchug:0__s:beerchug:0__s:

Back