Keep 07 or buy 08?

mvanlone

Registered
Question for you people out there. I have a 2007 Black Hayabusa that is modified all to hell and back. Been wanting to get a 2nd gen bike. I have had some people tell me keep my bike and forget the 2nd gen. What should I do? Trade in the 07 and loos money and get a 2nd gen busa or keep the 07. How many on here still have their 1st gen? What would you do? I do NOT want the 09 at all. The colors to me are bad. Plus, no change from a 08 and a 09. If I was going to get a 08 it would be the burnt orange and black. What should I do?

I havent had my 07 very long but I know I love her, Done alot of work to her and I dont think I would trade her in on a Gen II. Finally getting her the way I want her and wouldnt want to have to start over. Also Im still not real fond of the rear end of the 08.

Now for the 08 side of it. We went riding last weekend and when Rick ( BUSAPILOT08 ) came riding up on his Orange and Black 08 I have to say it looked good. and the thought of a few more ponnies is exciting. ( not that I ever exceeed the speed limit or take the tack over 3000 rpm ) :whistle:

But for me myself, Im stickin with my Gen I just my :2cents:

Last edited:
This issue has been addressed before. if you have a lot of money invested in your bike including high performance tuning you would be wasting your money. You have to ask yourself why do you want a newer bike. Are you going to take a big loss on your current bike. Can you sell off you aftermarket parts and return your bike to stock form? If the answer is yes then you will get more for it and help pay for the new bike. you might be chasing rainbows buying the new bike because there isn't anything wrong with the Gen 1 bikes that can't be addressed with the right modifications and saving you lot's of money.

If you can afford to mod out the 08 go for it , but I wouldn't trade a modded out 07 for a stock 08. A stock one is awesome regardless 07 08 but a heavy modded busa is a force of nature with no equal...:laugh:

:rulez:

where are the pics of that 07 so I can tell you what I really think :laugh:

Keep Gen1, buy Gen2...:beerchug:

True that. Much as I'll hawk the Gen2, I couldn't part with the Gen1.

Whatever. You'll decide what's right for you, regardless of what other people say or do.

:beerchug:

Again, good luck!

Scar, 08 & 06 Feb 9, 08 (3).jpg

if you "enjoy riding the 07", keep it and save the extra money for rough times. you can always buy 2009 or 2010 down the road.

True that.* Much as I'll hawk the Gen2, I couldn't part with the Gen1.Whatever.* You'll decide what's right for you, regardless of what other people say or do.:beerchug:Again, good luck!

What he said ^:laugh:
*Keep the Gen1 and buy a Gen2 also :cheerleader:

DSCF0583.JPG

Thanks to my good friend Busa159 I got to spend several hours on an 08 Busa a few weeks ago. Suzuki definitely has improved the machine. It was most noticeable in the higher gears. I will never forget the feeling I got when cruising along in fourth gear and hit the throttle a little. However, my 05 has more power than I will ever need and I am keeping it for now. If you can afford to take the loss the new bike is a definite upgrade. However, I would have to have some of the Mods that Busa159 had done to his (Helli bars and buell pegs) the stock 08 does not fit me. It will be hard to go wrong...either way you're riding a Busa:cheerleader:

Last edited:
After reading everyone's comments I am going to keep my busa. I know what the 08 feel like my wife rides one :laugh: . Since she does not go on these forums I have taken it to indianapolis from columbus before while mine was getting my electric shifter installed. I drove it very fast with some of my motorcycle club members. It road nice. BUT, it did not go as fast/power as my 07 did since hers was stock and mine wan't stock. I tell my wife all the time the things we can do with her bike, but she does not want to do anything with it. She wants to keep it stock. I do appreciate your comments. It really did make me reflect and decide that I am doing the right thing to keep it. I have "joyfully" spent alot of money on this bike. Thanks all for your imput.

busa.jpg

busa2.jpg

After reading everyone's comments I am going to keep my busa. I know what the 08 feel like my wife rides one :laugh: . Since she does not go on these forums I have taken it to indianapolis from columbus before while mine was getting my electric shifter installed. I drove it very fast with some of my motorcycle club members. It road nice. BUT, it did not go as fast/power as my 07 did since hers was stock and mine wan't stock. I tell my wife all the time the things we can do with her bike, but she does not want to do anything with it. She wants to keep it stock. I do appreciate your comments. It really did make me reflect and decide that I am doing the right thing to keep it. I have "joyfully" spent alot of money on this bike. Thanks all for your imput.

Good choice! :thumbsup:

kEEP THE GEN 1,

:bowdown:

Upgrade is too minor to put up with that...tail :puke:

If you really want to see what a Gen 2 is SUPPPppooosed to look like

Check out the V-max, that's an update and an impressive bike.

Everyone that I know who has an 08 has nothing but good things to say about them.

I have an 07 too and I've waxed every Gen2 I've come across!

Ok Ok, there has only been a couple but man were they shiny when I got done!:rofl::whistle: Now where's that corner?:lol:

Back